What software should I use?

Im tired of using my old Microsoft Visual C++ ver 1.0 software for programing my apps. I need the latest and best software to replace my old software, what should I choose? I was thinking either the latest Borland software or the latest Microsoft Visual software(ver 6.0 I belive) It Dosent matter how much I pay I just need quality stuff, can you help me choose between the two, or is there some other brand of software that does a better job than Microsoft and Borland?? All of your opinions are welcome!! Thanks for your help...

Comments

• : Im tired of using my old Microsoft Visual C++ ver 1.0 software for programing my apps. I need the latest and best software to replace my old software, what should I choose? I was thinking either the latest Borland software or the latest Microsoft Visual software(ver 6.0 I belive) It Dosent matter how much I pay I just need quality stuff, can you help me choose between the two, or is there some other brand of software that does a better job than Microsoft and Borland?? All of your opinions are welcome!! Thanks for your help...
    :

my personal preference is MinGW (linux GCC 3.1 ported to windows) but thats not for everyone. i have tried borland c++ builder 6 and it's interface confuses the hell out of me. if you want a stable and fast compiler with a very good interface, get visual c++.net (7.0)

------------------------------------------
    The art of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his!