triple jump? or just double

Hi

I've got a web page with two iframes about a quarter of the way down the page.
In the left iframe is a huge list with headings A, B, C...
in the main window there is a list of letters that jump the left iframe to the corrasponding letter.
The only problem is, that when it jumps, the main page jumps down aswell so you can't see the headings and things.
Does anyone know how I can keep the main frame static when the iframe is moved? or at least return it to the top after the jump.

Many thanks

Hadji_13
----------------------------------------------------
The solution to the problem changes the problem

Comments

• Simple...dont use iFrames.

They really are the work of the devil, honestly try and stay away...

Dave
  • : Simple...dont use iFrames.
    :
    : They really are the work of the devil, honestly try and stay away...
    :
    : Dave
    :

I just follow orders. I need a damn good excuse not to use iframes, expecialy as it's made a web site that is STUNNING, it has well over a 100 differant pages in one of the iframes. And it's created in a great way. So unless you can justify not using iframes for this fantastic site, and supply a fiesable alternative, then your comment will go without recognision.

There's a challenge for ya!
    Convince me, I DARE you. :-)

• Show me the site, im not afraid of a challenege...
  • : Show me the site, im not afraid of a challenege...
    :
    http://www.burnham-highbridge.co.uk

That's my home town, go to the main directory for the bit I made.

• Thats pretty nice, however i would use Javascript to make a div table scrollable and then make it load include files through ASP. But thats just me...

Well done, works well!
  • Also i forgot to mention, all the links could be kept in a database which you could then retrieve the information from and loop through using ASP. Which would dramatically reduce the amount of code...but like i said, i like it, works well, no flaws, you should be proud :)

Dave
  • : Thats pretty nice, however i would use Javascript to make a div table scrollable and then make it load include files through ASP. But thats just me...
    :
    : Well done, works well!
    :

Wouldn't that sacrifice speed? and mean nasty file formats, where at the moment all that is on the drive is HTML and the odd stiyle sheet and a few other bits and bobs. Nice and simple, and Darn well affective!
    You can probably see that the site is small enough to fit in a ladies pocket without spoiling the line of her dress as it is.

The site is probably going to be revamped asphetically, but I won't let them touch my directory.

Do you give in that iframes can be as effective and kickasscool as any other method?