Newbie Question - About String Functions

Hi All,
In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.
Thanks a lot...

CoolWirter
Old VB, New Delphi Programmer :)

Comments

• : Hi All,
    : In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
    : I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.

InStr = Pos, and Mid = Copy. Im assuming InStrRev is the same as InStr but returns its distance from the end of the string. In which case Ive never heard of a Pascal equivalent, but it would be easy to write one using a loop.

• : : Hi All,
    : : In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
    : : I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.
    :
    : InStr = Pos, and Mid = Copy. Im assuming InStrRev is the same as InStr but returns its distance from the end of the string. In which case Ive never heard of a Pascal equivalent, but it would be easy to write one using a loop.
    :
    :
    Thanks a lot for your help... Delphi is really powerfull :)

• : Hi All,
    : In fact I'm a Visual Basic programmer. But now I started learning Borland Delphi.
    : I need some string manipulation functions and usages like InStr(), InStrRev() and Mid(). These functions are VisualBasic functions and I dont know how to use these functions in Delphi. Need your help.
    : Thanks a lot...
    :
    : CoolWirter
    : Old VB, New Delphi Programmer :)
    :
    If you have the Delphi documentation / helpfile, search for 'StrLength'. Then on the page that appears, click on 'String functions'. This will list all the OOPascal string functions. Yes Delphi does have equivalent functions.