If you are a good programmer look !!

I need help .. please .. from one programmer to another ... i need to know if i can download c++ for free

somewhere !! I also want to know what the best program to use to make a quake kind of game ...

thanks

Comments

• :

: I need help .. please .. from one programmer to another ... i need to know if i can download c++ for free

: somewhere !! I also want to know what the best program to use to make a quake kind of game ...

: thanks

C++ for free, completely legal, can be found by searching with (for example) altavista for

"download djgpp". It is a little more spartan than, for example, watcom but it sure is a *lot* cheaper *grin*

And for making a game like quake, you would need the following:

1. A 3D modeller, like LightWave or 3Ds max

2. Knowledge on how to convert .3ds (or lightwave 3d files) to your own 3d format

3. A 32-bits C++ compiler, for example djgpp.

first code a nice 3d engine (sure hope you know how to do this... if you don't, start by searching for ZED3D, learn everything that is in the ZED3D documents, take some months of practising your skills and then try agian *hehehe*), then start building levels, and tataaa. game is done... djee, did I make THAT sound a bit simple or what?

Good luck!

The Watcher

• Yes, Djgpp is a good compiler. You can download it from the Programmer's Vault at

http://www.netalive.org/codersguild/programmersvault.html

If you want a boost in game making you can also get a greate package for game making at Media Play for only $30- look for the "Game Programming Starter Kit 2.0" (it has Microsoft Developer Studio a C++ Windows programming system, DirectX DLLs and something from Germany called 3D Studios for making games in a special WDL language)