How do you get the IP address of a computer in Network Neighborhood?

If you know how to do this or know where I can find out please post a follow-up message or e-mail me.

Thanks

Comments

• I think you can PING or TRACERT using the computer's name. Anyone of these will display the detination address in both simbolic and "dotted" formats. (I have TCP/IP installed on the LAN only for Internet access via a proxy that resides on one of the computers, and this works.) Maybe someone else has a better idea.

• I don't think that a ping will work unless you know the name that the computers IP address resolves to. This name ( I guess that is your domain name ) is separate from the name you can give your computer in the network properties menu. I could be wrong be that was my impression.

: I think you can PING or TRACERT using the computer's name. Anyone of these will display the detination address in both simbolic and "dotted" formats. (I have TCP/IP installed on the LAN only for Internet access via a proxy that resides on one of the computers, and this works.) Maybe someone else has a better idea.

• If you have access to that computer, type in "nbstat -n" in Dos if you are using Windows.