component to access PDF

I am in need of a component that will allow me to access and modify pdf files from PHP. I've seen several several websites talking about cpdflib but thats too expensive for my company to purchase right now. (actually we can't budget any money to this...)

Anyone know of a free library that can be used?

thanks
Ben Martin :-D
programmer

Comments

• : I am in need of a component that will allow me to access and modify pdf files from PHP. I've seen several several websites talking about cpdflib but thats too expensive for my company to purchase right now. (actually we can't budget any money to this...)
    :
    : Anyone know of a free library that can be used?
    :
    : thanks
    : Ben Martin :-D
    : programmer
    :
    :

What you want is free usage of a .dll file wich is provided by acrobat ? All that I know is that only the acrobat reader is free for use, if you want to be able to create pdf files you will need the .dll library file and that will cost you money. If you don't want to pay for it you would have to copy it or download an illegal version of it and that would risk your compagny. I don't think that would be a good idea. Better try something legal, like paying for your product.

;-)
    -mac-
    mailto:programmersheaven@mac-doggie.nl
    the Netherlands...