Which is the official documentation for JavaScript

Hi
I am new to these message boards. I wold like to get some serious JavaScript documentation. Is it necesary to know Java for learning Javascript ? I am looking for some good, serious documentation (but freeware). I would also like to know who made JavaScript.
Thank you.
Adrian Constantin

Comments

• NO, you don't need to know Java to learn javascript. They are two seperate languages, although they converge w/diffreent aspects of each other. Javascript is a client-side scripting language, much simpler than Java, a command-line compiled programming language.

For documentation, check out Netscape, JavaScript is an open source, or WAS an open-source scripting-language, no one individual created it.

: Hi
    : I am new to these message boards. I wold like to get some serious JavaScript documentation. Is it necesary to know Java for learning Javascript ? I am looking for some good, serious documentation (but freeware). I would also like to know who made JavaScript.
    : Thank you.
    : Adrian Constantin
    :
    :

• [b][red]This message was edited by the mruniversalip at 2002-4-20 20:28:26[/red][/b][hr]
    : NO, you don't need to know Java to learn javascript. They are two seperate languages, although they converge w/diffreent aspects of each other. Javascript is a client-side scripting language, much simpler than Java, a command-line compiled programming language.
    :
    : For documentation, check out Netscape, JavaScript is an open source, or WAS an open-source scripting-language, no one individual created it.
    :
    : : Hi
    : : I am new to these message boards. I wold like to get some serious JavaScript documentation. Is it necesary to know Java for learning Javascript ? I am looking for some good, serious documentation (but freeware). I would also like to know who made JavaScript.
    : : Thank you.
    : : Adrian Constantin
    : :
    : :
    :
    :
    :
    :

Actually I do believe the original idea came from Sun Microsystems Inc. You might want to look here at the Sun/Netscape alliance page

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/index.html?content=javascript.html