Simple One-Line Text Box Question

I'm a VB programmer at a company called Stilwell and Associates and somewhere along the line they got the idea to have me, of all people, do some updates to their web page. Finally after 2 weeks of hell I'm down to one last little problem...

It's a simple form. The user enters in things such as "How many Lockout Tags they produce a year" "How many maintenance workers they have per section" and stuff like that. Then I take those entries do basic addition and multiplication to it and tell the user how much money and time they could save if they used our program. But my company wants this to happen at runtime. IE: There are default values but as the user changes one field the others change automatically.

So my question is: How do I, durring runtime, get the users responce from the one-line text box without a "Submit" button? Is this possible?

Thanks
-N473

Comments

• Bah... I replied you somewhere, I guess in ASP board. Go look there :)

[b][italic]Philip Patrick[/italic][/b]
    [b]Home page[/b]: http://www.saintopatrick.com
    [size=1][italic]"Two beer or not two beer?"[/italic] [b]Shakesbeer[/b][/size]

• : I'm a VB programmer at a company called Stilwell and Associates and somewhere along the line they got the idea to have me, of all people, do some updates to their web page. Finally after 2 weeks of hell I'm down to one last little problem...
    :
    : It's a simple form. The user enters in things such as "How many Lockout Tags they produce a year" "How many maintenance workers they have per section" and stuff like that. Then I take those entries do basic addition and multiplication to it and tell the user how much money and time they could save if they used our program. But my company wants this to happen at runtime. IE: There are default values but as the user changes one field the others change automatically.
    :
    : So my question is: How do I, durring runtime, get the users responce from the one-line text box without a "Submit" button? Is this possible?
    :
    : Thanks
    : -N473
    :

• [b][red]This message was edited by the jsearcy at 2002-7-3 12:48:53[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by the jsearcy at 2002-7-3 12:47:35[/red][/b][hr]
    [blue]Have you tried using the onBlur event? This would start the procedure when the focus leaves the textbox.... [/blue]

: I'm a VB programmer at a company called Stilwell and Associates and somewhere along the line they got the idea to have me, of all people, do some updates to their web page. Finally after 2 weeks of hell I'm down to one last little problem...
    :
    : It's a simple form. The user enters in things such as "How many Lockout Tags they produce a year" "How many maintenance workers they have per section" and stuff like that. Then I take those entries do basic addition and multiplication to it and tell the user how much money and time they could save if they used our program. But my company wants this to happen at runtime. IE: There are default values but as the user changes one field the others change automatically.
    :
    : So my question is: How do I, durring runtime, get the users responce from the one-line text box without a "Submit" button? Is this possible?
    :
    : Thanks
    : -N473
    :