camera control problem

I am trying to put a camera control in my project and I keep getting a license error saying that I don't have the proper license to do this. I am using VB 6 pro and I am pretty new at it. Could this problem be because I have not registered either VB or the camera I am trying to use? The camera I am trying to use is a Logitech quickcam. If anyone can please let me know what I may be able to do I would greatly appreciate it. If there is a different camera that may work better please let me know. I would like to use a web camera type camera.
Thank You

Comments

• : I am trying to put a camera control in my project and I keep getting a license error saying that I don't have the proper license to do this. I am using VB 6 pro and I am pretty new at it. Could this problem be because I have not registered either VB or the camera I am trying to use? The camera I am trying to use is a Logitech quickcam. If anyone can please let me know what I may be able to do I would greatly appreciate it. If there is a different camera that may work better please let me know. I would like to use a web camera type camera.
    : Thank You
    :

You must purchase "programming rights" to use some controls. Just because a control is installed on your system, doesn't mean you are allowed to use it. OCXs have a licensing method built-in that prevents them from being used if the programmer doesn't have a license to do so. This allows you to distribute a control with your app without everyone else getting a free copy.

You'll have to contact Logitech to purchase the license or hope that someone knows of a free control.