dynamic updating

Good day all -

I have a page that lets users vote on several items. I display the results in a table. The counting is fine, but I can't seem to display th e new totals unless I refresh the page. Does anyone know how to update a page like that, or it is better to show a popup with the results? I would greatly appreciate any examples.

Thanks,

Comments

• PHP is a server side language, and therefore no changes will become apparent unless the page is refreshed. A popup would be a good way, or alternatively, use a client side language such as JavaScript. If you want the results to automatically update on every clients browser whenever anyone votes, think about using Java.

Cheers,

James.
  • Not sure if this helps, but:
    What you could do is add a meta refresh tag in the section
    - you could change 10 to however many seconds before refresh - can also add a ; and make it redirect to another page.

Cheers

: Good day all -
    :
    : I have a page that lets users vote on several items. I display the results in a table. The counting is fine, but I can't seem to display th e new totals unless I refresh the page. Does anyone know how to update a page like that, or it is better to show a popup with the results? I would greatly appreciate any examples.
    :
    : Thanks,
    :