missing operating system

when i boot i get an error message missing operating system. i am running win 95. i can see all files on the harddrive with a dir command from the c:. i tried a win 95 start up disk, say it is starting win95 the the a: shows up. or with out this process i get the error message missing operating system.

any ideas are greatly appreciated

tom

Comments

• : when i startup my pc i get an error message "missing operating system". i am trying to run win95. i can see all files on the hard drive with a dir command from the c:. i tried a win 95 start up disk, says it is starting win95 then the a: shows up. or with out this process i get the error message missing operating system.

is there a command from the c: to run windows 95?

: any ideas are greatly appreciated

: tom

• : when i startup my pc i get an error message "missing operating system". i am trying to run win95. i can see all files on the hard drive with a dir command from the c:. i tried a win 95 start up disk, says it is starting win95 then the a: shows up. or with out this process i get the error message missing operating system.

is there a command from the c: to run windows 95?

: any ideas are greatly appreciated

: tom