VC++, I need help !!

Hi,

I am a newcomer to VC++. Can anybody guide me about any goog books available for consultations.

Thanking You

Gagan Bindra

Comments

• I've been using VC++ for about 2 yrs now and have found 1 book to have almost everything I have ever felt an urge to use (and it's indexed awesomely!). It's a SAMS publications book "Teach YourSelf C++ in 21 days". This book will teach you the language, about classes, and all kinds of great stuff, but everything in the book runs in a DOS box. To learn how to do Windows programming, (I'm new at it myself) I've found a book called "Windows98 programming from the ground up" to be exceptionally useful. It is by Schildt. There may be better ones out there, but this one if definitely fine by me. There is also a "MFC from the ground up (by same person) that uses a little higher level controls (still C++), buy I've personally never even seen this book. Hopefully this is helpful. Later.

• I've been using VC++ for about 2 yrs now and have found 1 book to have almost everything I have ever felt an urge to use (and it's indexed awesomely!). It's a SAMS publications book "Teach YourSelf C++ in 21 days". This book will teach you the language, about classes, and all kinds of great stuff, but everything in the book runs in a DOS box. To learn how to do Windows programming, (I'm new at it myself) I've found a book called "Windows98 programming from the ground up" to be exceptionally useful. It is by Schildt. There may be better ones out there, but this one if definitely fine by me. There is also a "MFC from the ground up (by same person) that uses a little higher level controls (still C++), buy I've personally never even seen this book. Hopefully this is helpful. Later.

• good to see this message gagan.saved me the trouble of asking it myself.;-)tell me if u found anything interesting.