viewing OpenGL online

If I would have created a 3D human modeling program (for a virtual fitting room system) using OpenGL written in C++, on my PC itself, how can I make it "online"..so that it can run in a browser? Will things work out the same way it works offline? or...is it possible to be viewed online?

-sweetgirl-

Comments

• : If I would have created a 3D human modeling program (for a virtual fitting room system) using OpenGL written in C++, on my PC itself, how can I make it "online"..so that it can run in a browser? Will things work out the same way it works offline? or...is it possible to be viewed online?
    :
    : -sweetgirl-
    :

If you want it to be available online, you could port it to Java, and run it as an applet, or you can make an ActiveX plug-in for the browser (i think ;-))

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
    : : If I would have created a 3D human modeling program (for a virtual fitting room system) using OpenGL written in C++, on my PC itself, how can I make it "online"..so that it can run in a browser? Will things work out the same way it works offline? or...is it possible to be viewed online?
    : :
    : : -sweetgirl-
    : :
    :
    : If you want it to be available online, you could port it to Java, and run it as an applet, or you can make an ActiveX plug-in for the browser (i think ;-))
    :
    Either of those would work, but each time the user visits your site, it will have to load for them, and on 56k, that could take a while. I would recomend a link to your actual program executeable, allowing the user to download it once, then when they view an image of some of your clothing, have a link under or near the image to the image format that works with your program! Then they could simply download small clothing images and display on their own machine any time they wanted to.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

• The program that I would be doing would be something similar to what you can find at www.myvirtualmodel.com

I'd really appreciate that if you could have a look at that website and give some advice on whether I can do s/thing like that (online) using OpenGL written in C++.

-sweetgirl-

• : The program that I would be doing would be something similar to what you can find at www.myvirtualmodel.com
    :
    : I'd really appreciate that if you could have a look at that website and give some advice on whether I can do s/thing like that (online) using OpenGL written in C++.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Ah, I see what you mean, that could be done by running a (C++) program on the server which outputs a jpeg which is shown on the page (allong with the html-page itsself), the program could accept command line parameters for, say, height, weight, gender, etc ... process the info to create the 3d model and then output a picture from the requested viewport.

The only problem would be finding a host that allows you to run c++ programs on their server.

• Ohh i c...
    So, does the graphics software matters? do u mean that OpenGL in C++ can run properly "online"?

so, anyone who knows any host that allows C++ programs to run on their server??...can u please inform me...10x a lot!

-sweetgirl-

• Opengl was supported over network - so I am not sure.
    C++ support on servers (umm I doubt any give this - not sure - you can do a search on google). However some support perl. Perl has some opengl modules. I doubt that you will get very good frame rate but what you get should be enough for what you want to do.

: Ohh i c...
    : So, does the graphics software matters? do u mean that OpenGL in C++ can run properly "online"?
    :
    : so, anyone who knows any host that allows C++ programs to run on their server??...can u please inform me...10x a lot!
    :
    :
    :
    :

• This post has been deleted.