pop mail ?

i was wondering if anyone out there knows how to creat a pop mail program similiar to the one hotmail & yahoo uses. the only thing that you supply hotmail with is your mail server name the port number and your username and password so i figured that i should be able to make a web page on my companies server that will allow all our dial-up users to check there email from any computer just by going to a certain web address.

anything that you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

clinton rankin

crankin@ponyexpress.net or

clintonrankin@hotmail.com

Comments

• Your best bet is to mail yahoo, (hotmail, myownemail) and ask them if their program is open source. or if you are seriously looking into it then ask them if you can buy a certain amount of licences off them.

cheers.

-wait3r.

• a good way is simply to get a good POP3 server program. The if you configure it right you should be able to do what you need.

Deacon

• What you're describing should be possible with some CGI programming. You could create a web page form where a user would submit his/her username and password to a CGI program using some sort of secure submission method. The CGI program could be written to connect to the POP3 server and retrieve the user's mail, format it nicely (maybe using tables for the subjects like Hotmail does), and return an HTML page to the user where he/she could view his/her e-mail. I don't think implementing all or most of the features of Hotmail should be too extremely large of a task. This is just an idea, so I can't say whether or not it fits your situation, but I hope this little bit helps.

: i was wondering if anyone out there knows how to creat a pop mail program similiar to the one hotmail & yahoo uses. the only thing that you supply hotmail with is your mail server name the port number and your username and password so i figured that i should be able to make a web page on my companies server that will allow all our dial-up users to check there email from any computer just by going to a certain web address.

: anything that you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

: clinton rankin

: crankin@ponyexpress.net or

: clintonrankin@hotmail.com

• :Does anyone know there server name for hotmail