Where to find volunteers?

If I can't find any volunteer programmers here, are their any other sites to check out?

CH

Comments

• Try www.gamedev.net or www.flipcode.net. Generally without some stuff you won't find any volunteers.

: If I can't find any volunteer programmers here, are their any other sites to check out?
    :
    : CH
    :

• Alright, then one last question. What do I do with my concept? I can't get funding without a demo, I can't create a demo without some programmers. It's a no win situation. None of the big companies are going to buy a "concept" and even if they did, It wouldn't be nearly as lucrative. A mediocre game sells a million copies, the blockbuster titles (like this one would be) sell several million, even on the PC!!
    Why wouldn't someone want to take a chance on a piece of that pie?

CH

: Try www.gamedev.net or www.flipcode.net. Generally without some stuff you won't find any volunteers.
    :
    : : If I can't find any volunteer programmers here, are their any other sites to check out?
    : :
    : : CH
    :
    :

• Learn to program.

• I believe it's really hard to find particularly in the economic down turn periods.

[color=Green][size=1][b]Brad Wang - .NET Freelancer from China
    MSN: brad_wang_cn@hotmail.com
  • : Alright, then one last question. What do I do with my concept? I
    : can't get funding without a demo, I can't create a demo without some
    : programmers. It's a no win situation. None of the big companies are
    : going to buy a "concept" and even if they did, It wouldn't be nearly
    : as lucrative. A mediocre game sells a million copies, the
    : blockbuster titles (like this one would be) sell several million,
    : even on the PC!!
    : Why wouldn't someone want to take a chance on a piece of that pie?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : Try www.gamedev.net or www.flipcode.net. Generally without some stuff you won't find any volunteers.
    : : : If I can't find any volunteer programmers here, are their any other sites to check out?
    : : :
    : : : CH
    :
    :

If this is still something you are interested in, I'd help you in my free time.
  • If you are very confident in your idea, invest your own resources into making it a reality. Banks provide business loans if you can convince them you have a profitable plan. There are also venture capitalists who could invest in your idea if you can really convince them it is a profitable one. You can also do another job to generate the money to pay a programmer or for other things needed to start the project.

You have the confidence so take the risk on yourself. Don't expect other people to be as confident as you. Don't expect other people to invest as much or more than you. Don't expect other people to have full trust that they will equally share in the profits if they ever happen.

I've been involved in several of these volunteer projects with the possibility of getting paid and they have always ended up staying unpaid. A lot of people have probably been through this experience which is why volunteering is not likely to work. Money is a very practical resource and without paying people with money, people often become far less reliable and commited. It isn't like you can fire someone for being unreliable either. Any form of punishment would often be eliminating the few volunteers that have at least some interest in the project. If you really want to not pay people, you'd need a genius technique to recruit and motivate them or the project will just taper off and die as volunteers give up.

: Alright, then one last question. What do I do with my concept? I
    : can't get funding without a demo, I can't create a demo without some
    : programmers. It's a no win situation. None of the big companies are
    : going to buy a "concept" and even if they did, It wouldn't be nearly
    : as lucrative. A mediocre game sells a million copies, the
    : blockbuster titles (like this one would be) sell several million,
    : even on the PC!!
    : Why wouldn't someone want to take a chance on a piece of that pie?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : Try www.gamedev.net or www.flipcode.net. Generally without some stuff you won't find any volunteers.
    : : : If I can't find any volunteer programmers here, are their any other sites to check out?
    : : : CH
    :
    :
  • : If I can't find any volunteer programmers here, are their any other
    : sites to check out?
    :
    :
    We have designed a new chess game and we are interested in developing it as a online game with
    multiple players. This chess game is played with four players. I am new at this and not sure what all it takes to make this game. We would also consider negotiating a share in compensation. This is a exciting game to play and will be able to make a lot of money for those involved. I would like to thank you for your help.
    my email is nick50320@yahoo.com
    Thank you
    Nick

• : If I can't find any volunteer programmers here, are their any other
    : sites to check out?
    :
    :
    I could help you out. My email is mjdietel@gmail.com.
  • Are any of you still looking for volunteers or looking to volunteer?