What language to learn

It will be interesting to see what kind of debate this is going to bring up, but I was curious as to what programming language would be worth learning at my level. I am a current college graduate persuing a masters degree and looking for a job. I know .net rules the world right now for the most part, but I am unsure if it is wise to learn .net.

I am already somewhat proficient in Java and C/C++ and have recently been doing AI research thus messing around with the functional programming langugaes (LISP, Scheme, ML).

Any opinions?

Comments

• : It will be interesting to see what kind of debate this is going to bring up, but I was curious as to what programming language would be worth learning at my level. I am a current college graduate persuing a masters degree and looking for a job. I know .net rules the world right now for the most part, but I am unsure if it is wise to learn .net.
    :
    : I am already somewhat proficient in Java and C/C++ and have recently been doing AI research thus messing around with the functional programming langugaes (LISP, Scheme, ML).
    :
    : Any opinions?
    : go for c#.net

• : It will be interesting to see what kind of debate this is going to bring up, but I was curious as to what programming language would be worth learning at my level. I am a current college graduate persuing a masters degree and looking for a job. I know .net rules the world right now for the most part, but I am unsure if it is wise to learn .net.
    :
    : I am already somewhat proficient in Java and C/C++ and have recently been doing AI research thus messing around with the functional programming langugaes (LISP, Scheme, ML).
    :
    : Any opinions?
    :

As I am a C#.net Developer I too suggest u to even learn that.
    As it's the .net boom we can say ..
    Since u have good knowledge in Java U will n't feel any difficult in programming that
    All the best!
  • Java java java! It is the widest use programming language for large software projects. I have developed huge software systems like the Visa switch and it's all done with Java

Kris
    http://www.kremsoft.com