Scroll Bars

I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

[code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    :
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
  • [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:8:40[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    : :
    : : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : [code]
    : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : no rows returned
    : : [/code]
    : I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
    :
    MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth works fine.

But the problem is when u r working with only one cell the MSHFlexGrid contorl will have to be resized to enable it to show the scroll bars (both horizontal and vertical. The vertical bar may become visible but you mast increase the height of the one cell grid to make the Horizontal scroll bar visible)

• : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:8:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    : : :
    : : : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : [code]
    : : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : : no rows returned
    : : : [/code]
    : : I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
    : MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth works fine.
    :
    : But the problem is when u r working with only one cell the MSHFlexGrid contorl will have to be resized to enable it to show the scroll bars (both horizontal and vertical. The vertical bar may become visible but you mast increase the height of the one cell grid to make the Horizontal scroll bar visible)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    I tried increasing the size of both the height and the width, but there's still no scroll bar. Any more suggestions or ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!
  • : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:8:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    : : : :
    : : : : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : : [code]
    : : : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : : : no rows returned
    : : : : [/code]
    : : : I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
    : : MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth works fine.
    : : But the problem is when u r working with only one cell the MSHFlexGrid contorl will have to be resized to enable it to show the scroll bars (both horizontal and vertical. The vertical bar may become visible but you mast increase the height of the one cell grid to make the Horizontal scroll bar visible)
    : I tried increasing the size of both the height and the width, but there's still no scroll bar. Any more suggestions or ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!
    :
    Are u sure that u r using MSHFlexGrid?

And I would love to help u but I didnot understand what u mean by ---
    ----Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!----?????
  • : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:8:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    : : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : : : : no rows returned
    : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
    : : : MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth works fine.
    : : : But the problem is when u r working with only one cell the MSHFlexGrid contorl will have to be resized to enable it to show the scroll bars (both horizontal and vertical. The vertical bar may become visible but you mast increase the height of the one cell grid to make the Horizontal scroll bar visible)
    : : I tried increasing the size of both the height and the width, but there's still no scroll bar. Any more suggestions or ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!
    : Are u sure that u r using MSHFlexGrid?
    :
    : And I would love to help u but I didnot understand what u mean by ---
    : ----Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!----?????
    :
    Yes, I checked again. It's a MSHFlexGrid. Maybe I'm just really dense and am missing something amazingly obvious... I'll try to mess with it some more and see if I can get it to work. As for the words, in the cell it automatically centers the word in the center of the cell along the left margin instead of starting at the top and leaving a lot of blank space below the words. Kind of like

words

instead of

• : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:8:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    : : : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : : : : : no rows returned
    : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
    : : : : MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth works fine.
    : : : : But the problem is when u r working with only one cell the MSHFlexGrid contorl will have to be resized to enable it to show the scroll bars (both horizontal and vertical. The vertical bar may become visible but you mast increase the height of the one cell grid to make the Horizontal scroll bar visible)
    : : : I tried increasing the size of both the height and the width, but there's still no scroll bar. Any more suggestions or ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!
    : : Are u sure that u r using MSHFlexGrid?
    : : And I would love to help u but I didnot understand what u mean by ---
    : : ----Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!----?????
    : Yes, I checked again. It's a MSHFlexGrid. Maybe I'm just really dense and am missing something amazingly obvious... I'll try to mess with it some more and see if I can get it to work. As for the words, in the cell it automatically centers the word in the center of the cell along the left margin instead of starting at the top and leaving a lot of blank space below the words. Kind of like
    : __________
    :
    : words
    :
    : instead of
    : words
    :
    : I was just wondering if I could change that in any way.
    :

Ok I got ur solution. In MSHFGrid there will be no scroll bar (not vertical or horizontal) if u have only one cell (only 1 row and 1 column) defined in the properties of the MSHFGrid control. But if there are more then one cell and u resize the MSHFGrid control to show only one cell then the scroll bars appear.

Now about the alignment problem. Ur text is coming in this way because u might have changed the "RowHeightMin" property of the MSHFGrid contorl. Don't worry the text will still show as per ur requirement. But you will have to change the "CellAlignment" or "ColAlignment(index)" property of the MSHFGrid control.

for example
    MSHFGrid.ColAlignment(0)=0
    or
    MSHFGrid.CellAlignment=0

The CellAlignment property will be effective on the current cell only. And the ColAlignment(index) will be effective on the perticular column that is referred by the index.

Following if the full set of values that u may assigh:

flexAlignLeftCenter----------1-----Default for strings. The column content is aligned left, center.

flexAlignLeftBottom----------2-----The column content is aligned left, bottom.

flexAlignCenterTop----------3-----The column content is aligned center, top.

flexAlignCenterCenter----------4-----The column content is aligned center, center.

flexAlignCenterBottom----------5-----The column content is aligned center, bottom.

flexAlignRightTop----------6-----The column content is aligned right, top.

flexAlignRightCenter----------7-----Default for numbers. The column content is aligned right, center.

flexAlignRightBottom----------8-----The column content is aligned right, bottom.

flexAlignGeneral----------9-----The column content is of general alignment. This is "left, center" for strings and "right, center" for numbers.
  • : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:8:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    : : : : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : : : : : : no rows returned
    : : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
    : : : : : MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth works fine.
    : : : : : But the problem is when u r working with only one cell the MSHFlexGrid contorl will have to be resized to enable it to show the scroll bars (both horizontal and vertical. The vertical bar may become visible but you mast increase the height of the one cell grid to make the Horizontal scroll bar visible)
    : : : : I tried increasing the size of both the height and the width, but there's still no scroll bar. Any more suggestions or ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!
    : : : Are u sure that u r using MSHFlexGrid?
    : : : And I would love to help u but I didnot understand what u mean by ---
    : : : ----Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!----?????
    : : Yes, I checked again. It's a MSHFlexGrid. Maybe I'm just really dense and am missing something amazingly obvious... I'll try to mess with it some more and see if I can get it to work. As for the words, in the cell it automatically centers the word in the center of the cell along the left margin instead of starting at the top and leaving a lot of blank space below the words. Kind of like
    : : __________
    : : words
    : : instead of
    : : words
    : : I was just wondering if I could change that in any way.
    :
    : Ok I got ur solution. In MSHFGrid there will be no scroll bar (not vertical or horizontal) if u have only one cell (only 1 row and 1 column) defined in the properties of the MSHFGrid control. But if there are more then one cell and u resize the MSHFGrid control to show only one cell then the scroll bars appear.
    :
    : Now about the alignment problem. Ur text is coming in this way because u might have changed the "RowHeightMin" property of the MSHFGrid contorl. Don't worry the text will still show as per ur requirement. But you will have to change the "CellAlignment" or "ColAlignment(index)" property of the MSHFGrid control.
    :
    : for example
    : MSHFGrid.ColAlignment(0)=0
    : or
    : MSHFGrid.CellAlignment=0
    :
    : The CellAlignment property will be effective on the current cell only. And the ColAlignment(index) will be effective on the perticular column that is referred by the index.
    :
    : Following if the full set of values that u may assigh:
    : __________________________________________________________________
    : Constant-----------------Value--------------------Description
    : ==================================================================
    : flexAlignLeftTop----------0-----The column content is aligned left, top.
    :
    : flexAlignLeftCenter----------1-----Default for strings. The column content is aligned left, center.
    :
    : flexAlignLeftBottom----------2-----The column content is aligned left, bottom.
    :
    : flexAlignCenterTop----------3-----The column content is aligned center, top.
    :
    : flexAlignCenterCenter----------4-----The column content is aligned center, center.
    :
    : flexAlignCenterBottom----------5-----The column content is aligned center, bottom.
    :
    : flexAlignRightTop----------6-----The column content is aligned right, top.
    :
    : flexAlignRightCenter----------7-----Default for numbers. The column content is aligned right, center.
    :
    : flexAlignRightBottom----------8-----The column content is aligned right, bottom.
    :
    : flexAlignGeneral----------9-----The column content is of general alignment. This is "left, center" for strings and "right, center" for numbers.
    :
    Alright!! Thanks! I've got the alignment fixed and there are now scroll bars. I really appreciate the help!
  • : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:8:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by ranainnet at 2005-8-18 14:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : I'm trying to use a MSH FlexGrid to write information to the screen. I want it to have scroll bars because there is a lot of information for the cell. When I run it, though, no scroll bars appear and I can't see all the information. Any suggestions or different ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : [code]Me.MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth[/code]
    : : : : : : : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : : : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : : : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : : : : : : : no rows returned
    : : : : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : : I tried it but it's still not working. I think I might know why though. Can you have only one cell and scroll through information in that cell?
    : : : : : : MSHFlexGrid1.ScrollBars = flexScrollBarBoth works fine.
    : : : : : : But the problem is when u r working with only one cell the MSHFlexGrid contorl will have to be resized to enable it to show the scroll bars (both horizontal and vertical. The vertical bar may become visible but you mast increase the height of the one cell grid to make the Horizontal scroll bar visible)
    : : : : : I tried increasing the size of both the height and the width, but there's still no scroll bar. Any more suggestions or ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!
    : : : : Are u sure that u r using MSHFlexGrid?
    : : : : And I would love to help u but I didnot understand what u mean by ---
    : : : : ----Also, if you know how to change it to where the words are at the top instead of centered, that would be helpful. Thanks for all the tips!----?????
    : : : Yes, I checked again. It's a MSHFlexGrid. Maybe I'm just really dense and am missing something amazingly obvious... I'll try to mess with it some more and see if I can get it to work. As for the words, in the cell it automatically centers the word in the center of the cell along the left margin instead of starting at the top and leaving a lot of blank space below the words. Kind of like
    : : : __________
    : : : words
    : : : instead of
    : : : words
    : : : I was just wondering if I could change that in any way.
    : : Ok I got ur solution. In MSHFGrid there will be no scroll bar (not vertical or horizontal) if u have only one cell (only 1 row and 1 column) defined in the properties of the MSHFGrid control. But if there are more then one cell and u resize the MSHFGrid control to show only one cell then the scroll bars appear.
    : : Now about the alignment problem. Ur text is coming in this way because u might have changed the "RowHeightMin" property of the MSHFGrid contorl. Don't worry the text will still show as per ur requirement. But you will have to change the "CellAlignment" or "ColAlignment(index)" property of the MSHFGrid control.
    : : for example
    : : MSHFGrid.ColAlignment(0)=0
    : : or
    : : MSHFGrid.CellAlignment=0
    : : The CellAlignment property will be effective on the current cell only. And the ColAlignment(index) will be effective on the perticular column that is referred by the index.
    : : Following if the full set of values that u may assigh:
    : : __________________________________________________________________
    : : Constant-----------------Value--------------------Description
    : : ==================================================================
    : : flexAlignLeftTop----------0-----The column content is aligned left, top.
    : : flexAlignLeftCenter----------1-----Default for strings. The column content is aligned left, center.
    : : flexAlignLeftBottom----------2-----The column content is aligned left, bottom.
    : : flexAlignCenterTop----------3-----The column content is aligned center, top.
    : : flexAlignCenterCenter----------4-----The column content is aligned center, center.
    : : flexAlignCenterBottom----------5-----The column content is aligned center, bottom.
    : : flexAlignRightTop----------6-----The column content is aligned right, top.
    : : flexAlignRightCenter----------7-----Default for numbers. The column content is aligned right, center.
    : : flexAlignRightBottom----------8-----The column content is aligned right, bottom.
    : : flexAlignGeneral----------9-----The column content is of general alignment. This is "left, center" for strings and "right, center" for numbers.
    : Alright!! Thanks! I've got the alignment fixed and there are now scroll bars. I really appreciate the help!
    :
    Its really nice to hear that ur problems are fixed. GoodLuck and keep in touch.