need some help: DBMS

hi
wanted to know that can java b used for a dbms project?
well i dont advanced java so kina confused?
thanks
Aadhaar

Comments

• : hi
    : wanted to know that can java b used for a dbms project?
    : well i dont advanced java so kina confused?
    : thanks
    : Aadhaar
    :

You can use the JDBC API. Have a look at the [b]java.sql[/b] package. You'll need a JDBC driver specific to the data source you're using.

---------------------------------
    [size=1]HOWTO ask questions: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html[/size]

• : hi
    : wanted to know that can java b used for a dbms project?
    : well i dont advanced java so kina confused?
    : thanks
    : Aadhaar
    :
    Get the book Murachs Beginning Java 2

In there it explains how to read and write random access binary files; it also shows you how to make a binary file structure.

This is the basis of any DBMS; whatever lang it is written this method is used. Creating a DBMS is not hard to code but designing it is very time consuming and there are a lot of decisions to be made most of which there is no best answer. Java is a good canidate for this type of system because the binary files you create with java are portable unlike C, BASIC, any lang...

Learn and become successful with JDBC before you try to design and build a DBMS. JDBC is a nessesary evil due to all the SQL servers deployed. But it is a poor system to build applications with in java.

I'm currently writing a Java Embedded (for applications to use) Proprietary DBMS. Some will say "WHY"? Because current enterprise systems and models are not the ideal ones for creating applications. CLoudscape is used for when you want to port your app to a larger SQL system like DB2; ther is no reason to use it unless you have to.

I thought I would use Cloudscape for my applications in java but soon decided aginst it. The problems are way too deep as you will find out.

Cloudscape is awsome just not for the desktop.

DV
  • : : hi
    : : wanted to know that can java b used for a dbms project?
    : : well i dont advanced java so kina confused?
    : : thanks
    : : Aadhaar
    : :
    : Get the book Murachs Beginning Java 2
    :
    : In there it explains how to read and write random access binary files; it also shows you how to make a binary file structure.
    :
    : This is the basis of any DBMS; whatever lang it is written this method is used. Creating a DBMS is not hard to code but designing it is very time consuming and there are a lot of decisions to be made most of which there is no best answer. Java is a good canidate for this type of system because the binary files you create with java are portable unlike C, BASIC, any lang...
    :
    : Learn and become successful with JDBC before you try to design and build a DBMS. JDBC is a nessesary evil due to all the SQL servers deployed. But it is a poor system to build applications with in java.
    :
    : I'm currently writing a Java Embedded (for applications to use) Proprietary DBMS. Some will say "WHY"? Because current enterprise systems and models are not the ideal ones for creating applications. CLoudscape is used for when you want to port your app to a larger SQL system like DB2; ther is no reason to use it unless you have to.
    :
    : I thought I would use Cloudscape for my applications in java but soon decided aginst it. The problems are way too deep as you will find out.
    :
    : Cloudscape is awsome just not for the desktop.
    :
    :
    : DV
    :

thank u dv a lot
    for takin so much of intrest, i will try to arrange the book and study.
    will bother u again in future if i need ne help
    bye
    Aadhaar