Installation problem

Hello all,
I'm trying to install a software. I just need to run its' 'install' file. when I run this. It gives me some error which says 'setup.sh' file is missing in some software related directory. Though the file it is saying is missing is in it's proper place. I'm logged in as root user. What could be the reason.
Thanx in advance.

Comments

• : Hello all,
    : I'm trying to install a software. I just need to run its' 'install' file. when I run this. It gives me some error which says 'setup.sh' file is missing in some software related directory. Though the file it is saying is missing is in it's proper place. I'm logged in as root user. What could be the reason.
    : Thanx in advance.
    :
    :
    Hi.

Is setup.sh executable? Look at the install-script. Maybe, there are some good old ^Ms from M$ in it. Is everything typed correct?

regards
    [black]SaThaRiel[/black]

[size=1][blue]Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.[/blue][/size]

• when i try to run setup.sh it is giving same error but for another file. but still file is there. Anyway i've managed to installe it by untaring the source to another directory. Now the 'install' program have created another shess script which i've to run for configuration but it is saying 'permission denied' though i'm logged in as root user.

• : when i try to run setup.sh it is giving same error but for another file. but still file is there. Anyway i've managed to installe it by untaring the source to another directory. Now the 'install' program have created another shess script which i've to run for configuration but it is saying 'permission denied' though i'm logged in as root user.
    :
    :
    Have you checked the file permissions? It has to be set to
    [code]
    -rwxr-xr-x
    [/code]

or something like this.

do a
    [code]
    chmod 755 [italic]filename[/italic]
    [/code]

regards
    [black]SaThaRiel[/black]

[size=1][blue]Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.[/blue][/size]