Calendar Reminder about event by email !!! HELP

Hey guys, i need help of how to create a reminder of any upcoming events for my Calendar application which i create using ASP.NET
i would like fo user to get notification right before an event.
please help me.

Comments

• : Hey guys, i need help of how to create a reminder of any upcoming events for my Calendar application which i create using ASP.NET
    : i would like fo user to get notification right before an event.
    : please help me.
    :

Well it depends on what database. If you are using SQL Server, you can set up a scheduled job whih is capable of running TSQL script or even VBScript. Most likely you would use the job to execute a VBScript that opens a CDO object and use it to send e-mail to all users that match a database query.

• :
    : Well it depends on what database. If you are using SQL Server, you can set up a scheduled job whih is capable of running TSQL script or even VBScript. Most likely you would use the job to execute a VBScript that opens a CDO object and use it to send e-mail to all users that match a database query.
    :
    i am using SQL database. do you know any VBScript i can use? do you even know anything about SQL trigger, is it possible for me to do it. will it do what i want, and if it will how should i do it? do you know the script?
    thanks for your answer
  • Off hand, I do not know of any VBScript. However, the VBScript will use ADO to open a database connection, create a ADO command, which will execute a SQL command that returns a Recordset of scheduled events. The VBScript will read each record in the recordset. Each record should have a database column with the e-mail address of the person who scheduled the project. You will then create CDO objects (e-mail objects built into Windows) and send a e-mail message to each e-mail address. Of course the body of the e-mail, should contain the detail of the event.

You want to use a SQL Job not a trigger. A Job runs on a time interval you specify, whereas a trigger runs when either a DELETE, INSERT, or UPDATE SQL statement is run.

NOTE: The the size of the VBSript is limited within the SQL Job. SO be as concise as possible.