Ping Request Timed Out

I am having an issue, when I run an Address Resolution Protocol command all of the ip addresses have the same physical address, what does that mean? I don't know much about dos, but I am pretty sure that this is not right. Also, when I try to Ping any of the IP's, it keeps saying, request timed out, yet I am online. I use a personal computer at home, I am not on a LAN in an office. Any help or info. that you have for me would be greatly appreciated. Also I get timed out when I try to run tracert and the Arp Command has a syntax of Interface on Interface 0x100002 (???? - Again, not sure what is going on here...) btw, I ran spybot and adaware after updating and even hijack this and still have the same thing going on. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• : I am having an issue, when I run an Address Resolution Protocol command all of the ip addresses have the same physical address, what does that mean? I don't know much about dos, but I am pretty sure that this is not right. Also, when I try to Ping any of the IP's, it keeps saying, request timed out, yet I am online. I use a personal computer at home, I am not on a LAN in an office. Any help or info. that you have for me would be greatly appreciated. Also I get timed out when I try to run tracert and the Arp Command has a syntax of Interface on Interface 0x100002 (???? - Again, not sure what is going on here...) btw, I ran spybot and adaware after updating and even hijack this and still have the same thing going on. Thanks in advance!
    :
    Do you have a LAN card? Do you have a firewall? Can you ping your own IP address? Can you ping the loopback 127.0.0.1? Do you have multiple adaptors in the PC and if so what routes do you have?

This may help you diagnose your problem.

John ;-)
  • [b][red]This message was edited by St.Anger at 2004-1-18 21:4:52[/red][/b][hr]
    Hey John, I appreciate your help. I am using a laptop, so I just h a modem, no LAN card. No Firewall, the one I wanted to D/l on Cnet said it only worked w/a DSL (I am on dial up!) I was able to pin myself and to pin the loopback address. I do have multiple adaptors running on the PC (not sure why or where they came from) For some reason I have 2 dial up adaptors and 2 TCP/IP adaptors, the 2nd ones say (VPN Support). I am not sure how to check the routes...Any further tips are appreciated!

• Hi. I have been able to ping the loopback succesfully and have also been able to ping my own ip but I am still having this problem. Before Reboot, I was getting .net address unreachable when I tried to ping other ips, now it is giving me the request timeout again! Any tips? Not sure how to check the routes but I do have multiple adapters on this laptop, apparently...