Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Programmer needed for small project!

Looking for a programmer to design a small (must fit on a floppy) program to be used in investigating images on computers. Would like the program to search the target computer for all images by header information not file extension, and then display the images with the path in a folder. Also needs to search keywords and possibly additional items. Have a sample program that needs to be improved upon.

Contact me with ideas and approximate costs involved.

Steve Sanchez

pscopper@yahoo.com

Comments

• saurabh101saurabh101 Posts: 41Member
    [blue]
    Hello,
    I am a vb programmer and I mainly do Internet related applications. I mainly work on RentACoder.com and you can see my ratings here: http://www.RentACoder.com/RentACoder/SoftwareCoders/showBioInfo.asp?lngAuthorId=167133&txtFromURL=AId_167133

My rates are quite low, ie. [b]$25/hour[/b], because I am from a region (India), where average salaries for software developers are very low, while the level of professionalism is quite high.

You may contact me directly at [black]saurabh0(at)hotmail.com[/black]

Best Regards
    Saurabh :-)
    [/blue][hr]

: Looking for a programmer to design a small (must fit on a floppy) program to be used in investigating images on computers. Would like the program to search the target computer for all images by header information not file extension, and then display the images with the path in a folder. Also needs to search keywords and possibly additional items. Have a sample program that needs to be improved upon.
    :
    : Contact me with ideas and approximate costs involved.
    :
    : Steve Sanchez
    :
    : pscopper@yahoo.com
    :

• edocecrousedocecrous Posts: 49Member
    Hi!
    I'm a system programmer, I use VC++/ASM (which is perfect for small but professional programs).
    My question: What operating system this program should be running?
    To be more specific:When you put in the disk, you will boot from the disk, or insert the disk when the computer is running?
    Also, the program could display all the files found, but not displaying the actual graphics in the file. I can make it to display BMP files, but there are hundreds of other fileformats, with different compression techiques, so writing a code wich finds all these formats are not too complicated, but coding the different image decompressors /tiff,png,gif,jpg/ are quite a big job to do.
    So, if you need this seek the harddrive and make a list type of program,I can write it for you. (you can search for strings as well)
    To check out the suspicious files, you should use ACDSEE, a shareware picture viewer.THe 32bit version of ACDSEE takes 943Kb, and i can surely write a code which will fit to the remaining 479Kb.

I'm not working in hourly basis, for the following reason:
    Let's say, I ask for $20 (other pro used to ask for $50) and i need like 2 days to put it together (user interface, debugging, testing) that makes 8 hours per day, so 16 hours = $320. And that's if I calculate that all the required documentation and fileformat-related information are already prepared...

I ask for $200, and try to finish it within 5 days. /probably 2/

My email:edocecrous@yahoo.com

Edocecrous
    (system programmer)