Suggestion if not already in new version - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Suggestion if not already in new version

I haven't really had the time to check out the new version to see what new features have been added, but if you haven't already thought of this, I'd like to suggest tracking new messages since a users's last login.

I watch quite a few forums here, so I'd like to be able to see at a glance that a forum has new posts and then when I open the forum see which ones are new.

A good example of this is http://www.tek-tips.com

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : I haven't really had the time to check out the new version to see what new features have been added, but if you haven't already thought of this, I'd like to suggest tracking new messages since a users's last login.
    :
    : I watch quite a few forums here, so I'd like to be able to see at a glance that a forum has new posts and then when I open the forum see which ones are new.
    :
    : A good example of this is http://www.tek-tips.com
    :

Unless I misunderstand what you are asking for, use this link:

http://www.programmersheaven.com/msgboard/wwwboard.asp?Board=14&Setting=A9998F2301

That shows all the boards you have assigned as your favorites, 200 lines per page, only threads that have changed or been created.

I have that link set as my home page. As soon as I open IE and it downloads the page, I can easily see what has changed on all the boards I watch.
    Speaking of favorites...

As you may have noticed from that link, I have the VB board set as "default". I have to go back to the main page (msgbrds) and back into any of the other boards I have as favorites in order to post a new message in them (or manually edit the link). I'd like to see seperate new post links for each board in favorites.
  • garwaingarwain Posts: 297Member
    *bangs head against computer screen*

I forgot that feature was there, I would still prefer an icon next to the name of the message board and next to the new posts though. (personal preference that I'm sure other people would prefer as well).

: : I haven't really had the time to check out the new version to see what new features have been added, but if you haven't already thought of this, I'd like to suggest tracking new messages since a users's last login.
    : :
    : : I watch quite a few forums here, so I'd like to be able to see at a glance that a forum has new posts and then when I open the forum see which ones are new.
    : : A good example of this is http://www.tek-tips.com
    :
    : Unless I misunderstand what you are asking for, use this link:
    :
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/msgboard/wwwboard.asp?Board=14&Setting=A9998F2301
    :
    : That shows all the boards you have assigned as your favorites, 200 lines per page, only threads that have changed or been created.
    :
    : I have that link set as my home page. As soon as I open IE and it downloads the page, I can easily see what has changed on all the boards I watch.
    :

: *bangs head against computer screen*
    :
    : I forgot that feature was there, I would still prefer an icon next to the name of the message board and next to the new posts though. (personal preference that I'm sure other people would prefer as well).
    :

That would be nice, I've just gotten used to looking at the post date. Hadn't occured to me that something a bit more obvious would be good...
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    In the new version, in the list of messageboards, the name of the boards will be in bold when

* They contain new posts since your last login (if you are logged in)

or

* If the board contains new posts during the last 7 days (if you are NOT logged in)

I will try this way and we can always tweak it later.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    Dont't know if this sugestion has been made earlier, but maybe some more emoticons. Emoticons rock :-)
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Sure, why not.

but I need someone to design some Emoticons and then I would add them!

Anyone who can design some more?

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

: Dont't know if this sugestion has been made earlier, but maybe some more emoticons. Emoticons rock :-)
    :

How about an option to turn them off in your preferences? I personally despise them.