HTML background with 2 images... impossible? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

HTML background with 2 images... impossible?

I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.

Is this possible? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• garwaingarwain Posts: 297Member
    simplest solution is to set the marble image to be the pages background image, then for the second image, use a table and set the tables background image

[code]

your page content goes here if you want it printed over the centered background image

[/code]
    : I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.
    :
    : Is this possible? Any help would really be appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :

• FirestormFirestorm Posts: 162Member
    If you have two elements and one should be covered by the other, use Z-Index which tells the browser which element has which priority:
    example:

h1 {z-index:1;}
    h2 {z-index:2;}

h2 is placed before h1.
    I hope that helped.
    *this is a cut from a discussion between Secret_Doom and me last year!

: I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.
    :
    :
    :

Firestorm
    [email protected]
    ;-)

• ScoutScout Posts: 8Member
    Thanks guys, that's some smart thinkin. I'll give it a try.

:
    :
    :

• niravlvyasniravlvyas Posts: 2Member
    : Thanks guys, that's some smart thinkin. I'll give it a try.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.
    : :
    : : Is this possible? Any help would really be appreciated.
    : : Thanks.
    :
    :
    Hey I am Nirav I had got problem which is similar to yours only difference is I want to assign a TD of table, two different images as background,second image will overlap first.First image is of size of td and second one is a transparent image.Please help if any idea.