Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HTML background with 2 images... impossible?

I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.

Is this possible? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• garwaingarwain Posts: 297Member
    simplest solution is to set the marble image to be the pages background image, then for the second image, use a table and set the tables background image

[code]

your page content goes here if you want it printed over the centered background image

[/code]
    : I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.
    :
    : Is this possible? Any help would really be appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :

• FirestormFirestorm Posts: 162Member
    If you have two elements and one should be covered by the other, use Z-Index which tells the browser which element has which priority:
    example:

h1 {z-index:1;}
    h2 {z-index:2;}

h2 is placed before h1.
    I hope that helped.
    *this is a cut from a discussion between Secret_Doom and me last year!

: I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.
    :
    :
    :

Firestorm
    blue_surfer2000@yahoo.de
    ;-)

• ScoutScout Posts: 8Member
    Thanks guys, that's some smart thinkin. I'll give it a try.

:
    :
    :

• niravlvyasniravlvyas Posts: 2Member
    : Thanks guys, that's some smart thinkin. I'll give it a try.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : I want to create a webpage with a background image (marble) that is tiled to make up the main background but in the middle I want another image centered. Is there a way to do this? It can't just be an image centered (using an img tag) because I want to have text over top of it. I can't combine the 2 images to create an image the size of a browser window because different resolutions would show the image in different places, not centered.
    : :
    : : Is this possible? Any help would really be appreciated.
    : : Thanks.
    :
    :
    Hey I am Nirav I had got problem which is similar to yours only difference is I want to assign a TD of table, two different images as background,second image will overlap first.First image is of size of td and second one is a transparent image.Please help if any idea.