Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Browser and certificate authorities

terabyteterabyte Posts: 3Member
Hello

I have my own certificate server (and act as my own certificate authority)and I am able to create certificates for my web server.

The problem I have is that when the certificate appears for the user to proceed to SSL secure connections in the browser -the certificate authority is not trusted. I understand that IE and Netscape automatically trust certificate authorities from Verisign and Thawte. However does anybody know of a way to write to the browser to trust my certificate authority as well?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.