Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

URGENT: tight deadline (shake window from Flash)

Hello, I have the script to make the window shake. I know how to call it from the HTML tag. How can I make the window shake from within Flash? I did open an action in Flash. Then I defined the variable and gave it a value (4). I put the "shake" Java Script command in the same HTML document where I am calling the .swf document. I created the projector but it wouldn't shake. I can make the window shake before the animation, but I want the window to shake while the animation is running. Is this possible? Thanks!!

Comments

• dinobeedinobee Posts: 12Member
    Bit confused as to what your trying to do when you mention creating a 'projector'... but here's how I'd do a JS shake from a flash .swf embedded in a simple html page...

getURL ("javascript:shake (4);", "_self");

then make sure the html doc has the corresponding 'shake ()' function defined...

function shake (myVal) {
    // JS for shake here
    }

This won't work in Mac IE 4.5 though, as it can't handle communication between browser and objects, be they Flash, Java or whatever. IE 5 and all Netscape (4 and above) will work though. All PC browsers work too.

However, you mention a projector? I assume you're not trying to call this code from a stand-alone projector... as you can't because the projector isn't ON the page so can't call the function directly. You would have to send the command to shake as a query on the end of the URL...

getURL ("mypage.html?shake=true", "_blank");

and have the target HTML page strip the query to call the function to trigger a html window to shake. Hmmm... nice!

Let me know if this doesn't solve it and I'll see what can be done. ;-)

Dino