Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

transparent images

ixzixz Posts: 29Member
how can i make an image shaped like this
|--------/
|-------/
|------/
|-----/
|----/
|---/ (triangle)
|--/
|-/
|/

to be halfly visible
i mean that the whole image is a square but the browser shows only a half (triangle) of it
i don't know if that was clear enough but if you get what i mean then please help!

[blue][b]I[/b]xz[/blue]

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    Hi,

You need the image to be saved in the .gif format and also need to use some kind of GIF editing software that is able to create transparent areas, e.g. Animation Shop (comes with Paint Shop Pro).

Hope this helps!

Jonathan

------------------------------------------
    Count downloads from your site for free!
    http://www.downloadcounter.com/

• ixzixz Posts: 29Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : You need the image to be saved in the .gif format and also need to use some kind of GIF editing software that is able to create transparent areas, e.g. Animation Shop (comes with Paint Shop Pro)

i want the transparent parts to be so that i can put some text or pictures or other elements on it
    [blue][b]I[/b]xz[/blue]

• Secret_DoomSecret_Doom Posts: 116Member
    Hi. Let me see if I've got what you meant:

You have an image in shape of retangle (or square), but ypu want to make half of it invisible (in the shape of a triangle), is that it?

Well, that could be kinda difficult... I think we could do in the following shape:

|-----------|
    |----------|
    |---------|
    |--------|
    |-------|
    |------|
    |-----|
    |----|
    |---|
    |--|
    |-|
    ||

Using multiple DIVs with the background color as the page's background, that's possible. By reducing the DIVs spacement, we could "raise the resolution" of that shape.

But I already said, it could be difficult...

IF we could put a div in the diagon position it would be easy, but I don't know how to do that (don't even know it that's possible!)

-- Secret_Doom - Leonardo Pignataro --

secret_doom@hotmail.com
    www.batch.hpg.com.br