Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

!WEBMASTERS!

Hey Webmasters in the HTML area there is a topic twice made with the same text the same heading and the same person behind it.
Further I think it doesn't belong there because it has nothing to do with HTML it's just that someone looks for workers.
I think that belongs to another board on this site!
Firestorm
blue_surfer2000@yahoo.de
;-)

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : Hey Webmasters in the HTML area there is a topic twice made with the same text the same heading and the same person behind it.
    : Further I think it doesn't belong there because it has nothing to do with HTML it's just that someone looks for workers.
    : I think that belongs to another board on this site!Firestorm
    : blue_surfer2000@yahoo.de
    : ;-)
    :

Make a post on the HTML board asking for the moderator. While the webmaster can fix this, that's what the moderator is there for. (S)He will delete one and move the other to the appropriate board.

I wonder if the webmaster can code something to watch for duplicated posts for when the poster clicks twice or gives up and clicks again. I know it could be done in VB easily, but I don't know squat about whatever-this-board-is-written-in.
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Member Posts: 549
    I will make sure that the next release of the site will contain a function to make sure that the same message can't be posted twice (with the same title atleast to the same board).

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

: I will make sure that the next release of the site will contain a function to make sure that the same message can't be posted twice (with the same title atleast to the same board).
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    :

Could it possibly return a link to the message that has the same subject? If it is indeed the same material being covered, it could save them some time and trouble to review a tested solution.
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Member Posts: 549
    You don't get past the post a new message screen until you have changed your subject headline.

Its already implemented in the new site and what I do is that I store the latest subject posted as a new message and check if the subject is the same as this global variable.

Does this sound OK?

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

: You don't get past the post a new message screen until you have changed your subject headline.
    :
    : Its already implemented in the new site and what I do is that I store the latest subject posted as a new message and check if the subject is the same as this global variable.
    :
    : Does this sound OK?
    :
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    :

Sounds to me like it could work nicely!
  • ColdShineColdShine Member Posts: 597
    Well, I know this comes too late, but I got an idea about this some month ago (when I was "without Internet"): if you make the "Post reply" button [blue]disabled[/blue] when the user clicks it, this will prevent the user from clicking it multiple times.
    Well, you won't probably use this solution, I know, but I wanted to post it.