Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

You must check this out !

BlackBlack Member Posts: 3
Hy, I've almost finished working on a revolutionary 3d engine and I want you to be the first who get a peek of what's it's like !

Please visit www.black.ro.freeservers.com and make an oppinion of it !

I'm waiting for your replies !

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : Hy, I've almost finished working on a revolutionary 3d engine and I want you to be the first who get a peek of what's it's like !
    :
    : Please visit www.black.ro.freeservers.com and make an oppinion of it !
    :
    : I'm waiting for your replies !
    :

Looks almost as good as my AoY Special Edition Engine. Mine also has true dynamic lighting (like in Unreal/UT), it runs in OpenGL, has a fulle calender year, time of day, and weather generation subsystem, and can maintain 40-60fps on my dad's P200 even in the large outdoor areas, such as the entire world. Mine also has an entire planet to explore in 3D, like in the game Daggerfall, but the terrain isn't randomly generated. I'm now working on the physics subsystem and finishing the controls configuration section. I'll release a small demo (around 200mb) of the first section of the world, complete with towns, villages, secret shrines, etc once I do collision detection, which is the ONLY thing I can't figure out right now.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• iDaZeiDaZe Member Posts: 464
    : : Hy, I've almost finished working on a revolutionary 3d engine and I want you to be the first who get a peek of what's it's like !
    : :
    : : Please visit www.black.ro.freeservers.com and make an oppinion of it !
    : : I'm waiting for your replies !
    :
    : Looks almost as good as my AoY Special Edition Engine. Mine also has true dynamic lighting (like in Unreal/UT), it runs in OpenGL, has a fulle calender year, time of day, and weather generation subsystem, and can maintain 40-60fps on my dad's P200 even in the large outdoor areas, such as the entire world. Mine also has an entire planet to explore in 3D, like in the game Daggerfall, but the terrain isn't randomly generated. I'm now working on the physics subsystem and finishing the controls configuration section. I'll release a small demo (around 200mb) of the first section of the world, complete with towns, villages, secret shrines, etc once I do collision detection, which is the ONLY thing I can't figure out right now.
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]
    :
    :

Only 200mb ... good thing I got T3 at school then ;-)

and Black, Delphi , way to go :-)
    btw. How do the DelphiX components compare to using the JEDI DirectX headers, is there much difference in performance ?
  • SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    Uh, I don't use prebuilt stuff, so I wouldn't know. I do C++/ASM and write all of my own code. This way I can actually SELL my product in the end :P. The only thing I am using that I didn't write are the OpenGL headers/libs. Then again, to write OpenGL apps, you NEED them, lol! I've also only toyed with Delphi and didn't enjoy it (though it was a billion times nicer than Pascal), so I didn't learn it.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]