Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

messages in caps

If you have the time, I'd suggest a little function to give an alert if a message is written in caps, or convert it to lowercase...

Also, allowing the moderator to modify a message would be a good idea in my opinion. Then we would be able to fix problems like a message written with CAPS LOCK on or other changes that would could improve the quality of the post.

Ben Martin
AKA Garwain
Linux moderator

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : If you have the time, I'd suggest a little function to give an alert if a message is written in caps, or convert it to lowercase...
    :
    : Also, allowing the moderator to modify a message would be a good idea in my opinion. Then we would be able to fix problems like a message written with CAPS LOCK on or other changes that would could improve the quality of the post.
    :
    : Ben Martin
    : AKA Garwain
    : Linux moderator
    :

I believe moderators will be able to edit with the next version of PH.

One thing Tore may be interested in is that there seems to be a problem with the parsing routine. Take a look at the source for pht's signature. The color code command gets butchered in the email link. The result is that it messes up succeeding posts by printing in a larger font.
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Member Posts: 549
    Thanks for letting me know.

The signature bug is already fixed for the new version of the site, but I won't fix it for this current version.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : Thanks for letting me know.
    :
    : The signature bug is already fixed for the new version of the site, but I won't fix it for this current version.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    :

I figured you probably knew about it, but it never hurts to point it out.
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Member Posts: 549
    No, I was not aware of that bug, but thanks for letting me know.

: I figured you probably knew about it, but it never hurts to point it out.
    :

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]