Getting a file... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Getting a file...

This is bout hacking... NOT ILLEGAL.
Does anyone no how I can retrieve a file from somebody's hard disk?
I need to get a file from somebody...

Comments

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    : This is bout hacking... NOT ILLEGAL.
    : Does anyone no how I can retrieve a file from somebody's hard disk?
    : I need to get a file from somebody...
    :

You could write 2 programs, one you install on your own machine (the Server) and the other on the other persons machine (the Client). The easy part is writing the program, the difficult part is getting it installed.

Anyway, here's what the programs do.
    The Server listens to a port untill it gets a request from a Client program, it then send back that it's ready to recieve a file. The Client program then send the file to the specified port on your computer.
    There are other ways, like having the Client program mail the file to you, or upload it to a FTP site(in those cases you don't need a Server). But like I said, the hard part is getting the Client program installed
  • MZ386MZ386 Posts: 26Member
    Do you know where I can find such programs?
    : Do you know where I can find such programs?
    :

No, sorry.
    You may want to try searching on http://www.google.com to find something like that.
    btw, which method of getting the file are you interrested in (direct via client server, or upload to fpt, or something else ?)
    Another question, where do you need it for (what kind of files, how big, specific platform, etc ...) and does the user have to know something is being uploaded ?
  • garwaingarwain Posts: 297Member
    If you are connected to the same network, the easiest solution is to share the folder(s) on the computer with the files you want to retrieve, then all you have to do is enter the path \ComputerName in the explorer or navigate to the computer through network neighbourhood

If this is across the internet and the computer(s) hosting files have static IP addresses, just set up an FTP server. you can easily find FTP servers at download sites like TUCOWS.com or download.net. If the computer doesn't have a static IP you could probably find a service to give you a domain name (mine.nu I believe provides subdomain names names for dynamic IP addresses)

If none of these solutions work for you, please explain your situation and I'll see what else I can come up with.

: This is bout hacking... NOT ILLEGAL.
    : Does anyone no how I can retrieve a file from somebody's hard disk?
    : I need to get a file from somebody...
    :

: : Do you know where I can find such programs?
    : :
    :
    : No, sorry.
    : You may want to try searching on http://www.google.com to find something like that.
    : btw, which method of getting the file are you interrested in (direct via client server, or upload to fpt, or something else ?)
    : Another question, where do you need it for (what kind of files, how big, specific platform, etc ...) and does the user have to know something is being uploaded ?
    :

I want to get my hands on that file while he doesn't know I am downloading it from his hard disk.

The file is a PERFECT dis-assembly of a game.

I just downloaded SUB7 (www.sub7.org) I'm still trying it out...
    The best E-Mail server to use is mail.hotmail.com
    (SUB7 v2.2 is the best)

But there is one problem, the TROJAN doesn't sends me an E-Mail when I'm online. I tryed it on my computer and it didn't work.
    The test works fine, but it realy doesn't sends an E-Mail to my address when I go online!

Does anyone out there knows what SUB7 is and can he/she help me?

~ MZ386 ~

: : : Do you know where I can find such programs?
    : : :
    : : No, sorry.
    : : You may want to try searching on http://www.google.com to find something like that.
    : : btw, which method of getting the file are you interrested in (direct via client server, or upload to fpt, or something else ?)
    : : Another question, where do you need it for (what kind of files, how big, specific platform, etc ...) and does the user have to know something is being uploaded ?
    :
    : I want to get my hands on that file while he doesn't know I am downloading it from his hard disk.
    :
    : The file is a PERFECT dis-assembly of a game.
    :
    : I just downloaded SUB7 (www.sub7.org) I'm still trying it out...
    : The best E-Mail server to use is mail.hotmail.com
    : (SUB7 v2.2 is the best)
    :
    : But there is one problem, the TROJAN doesn't sends me an E-Mail when I'm online. I tryed it on my computer and it didn't work.
    : The test works fine, but it realy doesn't sends an E-Mail to my address when I go online!
    :
    : Does anyone out there knows what SUB7 is and can he/she help me?
    :
    : ~ MZ386 ~

Hmm, I know some people who used that, I'll check with them (doesn't it come with any info ?). Offcourse, the tricky part is getting him to install the Trojan.
    btw. have you tried asking nicely if you could have the file ;-)

also, you could check out Back Orrifice from Cult of the Dead Cow (if I spelled it correctly. Don't know the site exactly (try google), but it does something simmilair to Sub7)

: : : : Do you know where I can find such programs?
    : : : :
    : : : No, sorry.
    : : : You may want to try searching on http://www.google.com to find something like that.
    : : : btw, which method of getting the file are you interrested in (direct via client server, or upload to fpt, or something else ?)
    : : : Another question, where do you need it for (what kind of files, how big, specific platform, etc ...) and does the user have to know something is being uploaded ?
    : : I want to get my hands on that file while he doesn't know I am downloading it from his hard disk.
    : : The file is a PERFECT dis-assembly of a game.
    : : I just downloaded SUB7 (www.sub7.org) I'm still trying it out...
    : : The best E-Mail server to use is mail.hotmail.com
    : : (SUB7 v2.2 is the best)
    : : But there is one problem, the TROJAN doesn't sends me an E-Mail when I'm online. I tryed it on my computer and it didn't work.
    : : The test works fine, but it realy doesn't sends an E-Mail to my address when I go online!
    : : Does anyone out there knows what SUB7 is and can he/she help me?
    : : ~ MZ386 ~
    :
    : Hmm, I know some people who used that, I'll check with them (doesn't it come with any info ?). Offcourse, the tricky part is getting him to install the Trojan.
    : btw. have you tried asking nicely if you could have the file ;-)

yes, I did ask him, but he doesn't want to give me the file...
    So, I'll just have to get it from him with a program like SUB7.

:
    : also, you could check out Back Orrifice from Cult of the Dead Cow (if I spelled it correctly. Don't know the site exactly (try google), but it does something simmilair to Sub7)
    :
    :

Thanks, I will check Back Orrifice out.

I just downloaded BO, but it's a DOS program!
    I need an MS-Windows Hacking program...

Did you already asked those people who used Sub7?
    Or does anyone out there knows another Trojan than Sub7 (Sub7 can be detected by a virus scanner, and he is not stupid... I'll bet he has a virus scanner installed)