Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is there any HTML code for a webcam?????

Is there any HTML code to put a webcam onto a webpage??
Or is that in Javascript?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Comments

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    : Is there any HTML code to put a webcam onto a webpage??
    : Or is that in Javascript?
    :
    : Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
    :

You mean a live webcam, or just load a picture every time the page is refreshed. Either way it involves some server Side scripting ... although ... you could have the webcam put a picture at a specific place (always same name) and then use javascript to refresh page every so often. As for live stuff, you need some sort of plugin for that, a JavaApplet maybe, or maybe a RealMedia or QuickTime thingy
  • otthitterSLCotthitterSLC Posts: 14Member
    : : Is there any HTML code to put a webcam onto a webpage??
    : : Or is that in Javascript?
    : :
    : : Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
    :
    : You mean a live webcam, or just load a picture every time the page is refreshed. Either way it involves some server Side scripting ... although ... you could have the webcam put a picture at a specific place (always same name) and then use javascript to refresh page every so often. As for live stuff, you need some sort of plugin for that, a JavaApplet maybe, or maybe a RealMedia or QuickTime thingy
    :
    Is the refresh way easier? I have the code for that, but I just need the code to make the webcam visible.... I'm thinking that I'd probably do the refresh way, it would probably make the page load faster and everything... Do you know the code for it? THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT HELP!!!
  • iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    : Is the refresh way easier? I have the code for that, but I just need the code to make the webcam visible.... I'm thinking that I'd probably do the refresh way, it would probably make the page load faster and everything... Do you know the code for it? THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT HELP!!!
    :
    Ok, say you named the document webcam.html
    [code]

Webcam

[/code]
    this code should refresh the page every 15 seconds (value is adjusted with content)
    All you have to do now is have the webcam take and store a picture every few seconds (in this case 15)

This is the easiest way I can think of, although if you want a real live webcam experience, you need some sort of streaming technology
    : : Is the refresh way easier? I have the code for that, but I just need the code to make the webcam visible.... I'm thinking that I'd probably do the refresh way, it would probably make the page load faster and everything... Do you know the code for it? THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT HELP!!!
    : Ok, say you named the document webcam.html
    : [code]
    :
    :
    :
    : Webcam
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

: image
    :

:
    :
    : [/code]
    : this code should refresh the page every 15 seconds (value is adjusted with content)
    : All you have to do now is have the webcam take and store a picture every few seconds (in this case 15)
    :
    : This is the easiest way I can think of, although if you want a real live webcam experience, you need some sort of streaming technology
    :
    :
    :
    :Thank you!!
    : : : Is the refresh way easier? I have the code for that, but I just need the code to make the webcam visible.... I'm thinking that I'd probably do the refresh way, it would probably make the page load faster and everything... Do you know the code for it? THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT HELP!!!
    : : :
    : : Ok, say you named the document webcam.html
    : : [code]
    : : Webcam

: : image

: : [/code]
    : : this code should refresh the page every 15 seconds (value is adjusted with content)
    : : All you have to do now is have the webcam take and store a picture every few seconds (in this case 15)
    : : This is the easiest way I can think of, although if you want a real live webcam experience, you need some sort of streaming technology
    : :Thank you!!
    :
    :
    :Do you happen to know how to do the streaming technology? Is it just coding or what? If it's code do you know it? Thanks for you help!!!