Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Why is my simple voodoo graphics faster than a rivaTNT ???

Hello.

I'm a man from Hungary. I've got a problem with my 3D cards. It's the next. I've two 3d card. A voodoo graphics (Diamond Monster PCI 4M) and a riva 128 (ASUS v3000TV AGP 4M). I know, these aren't enough now, but these are. These are in an ABIT BH6 motherboard. The riva128 are nearly twice fast than the voodoo graphics when I draw nearly 6 megapixel by 30 polygon(DrawPrimitive calls in Direct3D). (It has 100MHZ AGP frequency setting in the BIOS.) But if I draw nearly 6 megapixel by 5000 polygon(DrawPrimitive calls in Direct3D) then IT'S PERFORMANCE GO DOWN TO THE HELL. And what is more, my voodoo graphics laugh on these 5000 polygon call. With numbers: the riva128 draw nearly 6 megapixel (with 30 drawprimitive calls) during approximately 80 milisec. The woodoo graphics does it during approx. 150 milisec. And if I draw 6 megapixel with 5000 DrawPrimitive calls, then the time of the riva 128 is 800 milisec (TEN TIMES !!!), and the time of the voodoo graphics is 160-170 milisec. The time with 5000 calls of the voodoo is more than the 30 calls, but it is justified. BUT I DON'T THINK THE TIME OF THE RIVA128 WITH THE 5000 CALLS IS JUSTIFIED.

This performance going down DOESN'T EXIST when I do NOT use a texture on the polyon(s). I always take care that the texture is in DDSCAPS_VIDEOMEMORY|DDSCAPS_LOCALVIDMEM.

So, I cannot sleep and a can't eat and I will DIE if someone won't help me. What is with the riva 128 ??? Oh, the last. I saw this thing on my friend's rivaTNT. In this case the slowdown isn't so much like the riva128's slowdown BUT EXISTS. My code is FASTER on a poor voodoo graphics than on a rivaTNT. WHAT IS IT ???

Sorry, for the poor english. I learn it just now.