vesa svga sm... (problems) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

vesa svga sm... (problems)

Hi there =)

im havin a problem here, when i program this:

mov eax,4f02h

mov ebx,010ch

int 10h

..and run it all i get is NOT a textmode with 132 columns and 60 rows =(, but something that looks xactly like screenmode 13h. i also get the 13h lookin mode if i try another one of the vesa svga modes. so why?

please help me

can it be the gfx card?

its a S3 Trio 64+

k, tnx for any help!

/rAWTAZ

Comments

• : Hi there =)

: im havin a problem here, when i program this:

: mov eax,4f02h

: mov ebx,010ch

: int 10h

: ..and run it all i get is NOT a textmode with 132 columns and 60 rows =(, but something that looks xactly like screenmode 13h. i also get the 13h lookin mode if i try another one of the vesa svga modes. so why?

: please help me

: can it be the gfx card?

: its a S3 Trio 64+

: k, tnx for any help!

: /rAWTAZ

I also tried that mode and did only get a black screen with scrolling lines. I think that I read in vesa 2 docs that some modes wasn't supported anymore. That could be it. I haven't tried any other text modes but the graphic modes works fine. You said that you have tried other vesa modes. Are these also text modes?

• : : Hi there =)

: : im havin a problem here, when i program this:

: : mov eax,4f02h

: : mov ebx,010ch

: : int 10h

: : ..and run it all i get is NOT a textmode with 132 columns and 60 rows =(, but something that looks xactly like screenmode 13h. i also get the 13h lookin mode if i try another one of the vesa svga modes. so why?

: : please help me

: : can it be the gfx card?

: : its a S3 Trio 64+

: : k, tnx for any help!

: : /rAWTAZ

: I also tried that mode and did only get a black screen with scrolling lines. I think that I read in vesa 2 docs that some modes wasn't supported anymore. That could be it. I haven't tried any other text modes but the graphic modes works fine. You said that you have tried other vesa modes. Are these also text modes?

when i looked into it i the int returned "Funktion call failed"or whatever the error was, and now that ive gotten a newer gfxcard, it works, so i supose that vesa simply wasnt suported by the s3 card i tried on earlier.., and yes the other modes i tried was both gfx and txt modes..

peace