vesa svga sm... (problems) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

vesa svga sm... (problems)

Hi there =)

im havin a problem here, when i program this:

mov eax,4f02h

mov ebx,010ch

int 10h

..and run it all i get is NOT a textmode with 132 columns and 60 rows =(, but something that looks xactly like screenmode 13h. i also get the 13h lookin mode if i try another one of the vesa svga modes. so why?

please help me

can it be the gfx card?

its a S3 Trio 64+

k, tnx for any help!

/rAWTAZ

Comments

• : Hi there =)

: im havin a problem here, when i program this:

: mov eax,4f02h

: mov ebx,010ch

: int 10h

: ..and run it all i get is NOT a textmode with 132 columns and 60 rows =(, but something that looks xactly like screenmode 13h. i also get the 13h lookin mode if i try another one of the vesa svga modes. so why?

: please help me

: can it be the gfx card?

: its a S3 Trio 64+

: k, tnx for any help!

: /rAWTAZ

I also tried that mode and did only get a black screen with scrolling lines. I think that I read in vesa 2 docs that some modes wasn't supported anymore. That could be it. I haven't tried any other text modes but the graphic modes works fine. You said that you have tried other vesa modes. Are these also text modes?

• : : Hi there =)

: : im havin a problem here, when i program this:

: : mov eax,4f02h

: : mov ebx,010ch

: : int 10h

: : ..and run it all i get is NOT a textmode with 132 columns and 60 rows =(, but something that looks xactly like screenmode 13h. i also get the 13h lookin mode if i try another one of the vesa svga modes. so why?

: : please help me

: : can it be the gfx card?

: : its a S3 Trio 64+

: : k, tnx for any help!

: : /rAWTAZ

: I also tried that mode and did only get a black screen with scrolling lines. I think that I read in vesa 2 docs that some modes wasn't supported anymore. That could be it. I haven't tried any other text modes but the graphic modes works fine. You said that you have tried other vesa modes. Are these also text modes?

when i looked into it i the int returned "Funktion call failed"or whatever the error was, and now that ive gotten a newer gfxcard, it works, so i supose that vesa simply wasnt suported by the s3 card i tried on earlier.., and yes the other modes i tried was both gfx and txt modes..

peace