Beginner need some extreme help with background animation - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Beginner need some extreme help with background animation

I am making a game and I made the background of tiled images. The character is made of a different sized tile and when he moves I use get/put to save and restore the bit of the screen that he will be on. The only thing is the background does not move.. I want an animated background. I don't know how to animate the background without overlappin on the character

Comments

• : I am making a game and I made the background of tiled images. The character is made of a different sized tile and when he moves I use get/put to save and restore the bit of the screen that he will be on. The only thing is the background does not move.. I want an animated background. I don't know how to animate the background without overlappin on the character

Why dont you use some palette rotations. Then you dont have to actually move anything but still somehings seems to be moving. And fast. Take a look at the Jazz Jackrabbit (Im sure you know the game). There are even some kind of a parallax scrolling done with rotating colors inside the tiles... cool...

-] Klorf [-