Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Flash with Access Database

Dear,
In my project i have to design a site in which i want to use a Access Database (*.mdb). Its basically a site for a Automobile Dealers in with i have to set a Searching Engine type thing on which you type a name of a car and the page of that car comes which lies in the database. like the way in every searching engine. I am really in trouble to find the exact code of this type of thing. I want to put also the sorting method in that. That we can search by Model,by Color,by Name of the Car etc..
I want to use Flash as a interface designing and use that searching engine in that. I want to know the Scripting in that. Plz help me in that matter. I shall be very thankful. I read the Article Integrating Flash with Access Database. But in that matter i have to link the pages in the searching engine.
From,
Ghafer

Comments

• dinobeedinobee Posts: 12Member
    Not sure this is much help as it's a bit vague, but all the db searches I have done have been via a db search CGI of some sort. Mainly written in Vignette, Perl or SQL. I.e Flash sends a request to the CGI, the CGI executes the search, compiles a results string and returns it to the flash movie (all done via LoadVariables). Flash can't directly search the database, so you need the middle-man CGI to help out.

Probably not much you didn't know there, but you never know...

Dino