Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HOW TO DISPLAY TIMER IN GAME???

Hi!
I am programming a game for my school project. My game is currently similar to the dance revolution arcade game.

I wanna ask how am going to display the timer on my game so that it show how much time left.

Also I wanna ask how am I going to customise the arrow bitmap to appear in a specific time. Example: I wanna let the up arrow bitmap to show up only at 5 secs later after the game have start, and down arrow bitmap should appear at 15 secs later and so on......!

cheers
airwinx

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    Hi,

Well you would have a set of texture mapped fonts(in this case probably numbers) and use your own timer or the timer of the API(like the Win 32 API which provides some functions ) provides for you and then copy the time elapsed or left into a buffer and you will have to write a routine which will display the buffer which would be pretty similar to printf.

Regarding the bitmaps and arrows - just wait for 5 seconds after loading the bitmap - if its elapsed draw the up arrow - check for no of secs elapsed - if 15secs draw the lower part of the arrow. I suppose a wait queue is the only way to go here.

: Hi!
    : I am programming a game for my school project. My game is currently similar to the dance revolution arcade game.
    :
    : I wanna ask how am going to display the timer on my game so that it show how much time left.
    :
    : Also I wanna ask how am I going to customise the arrow bitmap to appear in a specific time. Example: I wanna let the up arrow bitmap to show up only at 5 secs later after the game have start, and down arrow bitmap should appear at 15 secs later and so on......!
    :
    :
    : cheers
    : airwinx
    :