HOW TO DISPLAY TIMER IN GAME??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

HOW TO DISPLAY TIMER IN GAME???

Hi!
I am programming a game for my school project. My game is currently similar to the dance revolution arcade game.

I wanna ask how am going to display the timer on my game so that it show how much time left.

Also I wanna ask how am I going to customise the arrow bitmap to appear in a specific time. Example: I wanna let the up arrow bitmap to show up only at 5 secs later after the game have start, and down arrow bitmap should appear at 15 secs later and so on......!

cheers
airwinx

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    Hi,

Well you would have a set of texture mapped fonts(in this case probably numbers) and use your own timer or the timer of the API(like the Win 32 API which provides some functions ) provides for you and then copy the time elapsed or left into a buffer and you will have to write a routine which will display the buffer which would be pretty similar to printf.

Regarding the bitmaps and arrows - just wait for 5 seconds after loading the bitmap - if its elapsed draw the up arrow - check for no of secs elapsed - if 15secs draw the lower part of the arrow. I suppose a wait queue is the only way to go here.

: Hi!
    : I am programming a game for my school project. My game is currently similar to the dance revolution arcade game.
    :
    : I wanna ask how am going to display the timer on my game so that it show how much time left.
    :
    : Also I wanna ask how am I going to customise the arrow bitmap to appear in a specific time. Example: I wanna let the up arrow bitmap to show up only at 5 secs later after the game have start, and down arrow bitmap should appear at 15 secs later and so on......!
    :
    :
    : cheers
    : airwinx
    :