Can I do this? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can I do this?

superslinkysuperslinky Posts: 2Member
Is it possible or worth my time to try to convert a printer driver written for win9x to work for win2k? If so can anyone direct me to some sort of tutorial on how to do it. I have a Sharp Multifunction printer and they don't offer Win2k support. I have very little programming experience so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• tyelcontyelcon Posts: 2Member
    I suppose it's technically possible, but I believe it would be very very hard to write a driver in BASIC. Please let me know if I'm wrong though! :)
    Tyelcon
  • billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    I imagine this is the wrong board for that, unless you intend to do it in BASIC. Perhaps windows programming, general programming, or another such board would be more helpful.

: Is it possible or worth my time to try to convert a printer driver written for win9x to work for win2k? If so can anyone direct me to some sort of tutorial on how to do it. I have a Sharp Multifunction printer and they don't offer Win2k support. I have very little programming experience so any help would be appreciated.
    :