Can I do this? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can I do this?

superslinkysuperslinky Posts: 2Member
Is it possible or worth my time to try to convert a printer driver written for win9x to work for win2k? If so can anyone direct me to some sort of tutorial on how to do it. I have a Sharp Multifunction printer and they don't offer Win2k support. I have very little programming experience so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• tyelcontyelcon Posts: 2Member
    I suppose it's technically possible, but I believe it would be very very hard to write a driver in BASIC. Please let me know if I'm wrong though! :)
    Tyelcon
  • billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    I imagine this is the wrong board for that, unless you intend to do it in BASIC. Perhaps windows programming, general programming, or another such board would be more helpful.

: Is it possible or worth my time to try to convert a printer driver written for win9x to work for win2k? If so can anyone direct me to some sort of tutorial on how to do it. I have a Sharp Multifunction printer and they don't offer Win2k support. I have very little programming experience so any help would be appreciated.
    :