Making Units...

This is proabably going to be a really easy question to asnwer but was just wondering if someone could give a quick describtion on how to make a working unit in the form of a *.pas file into a proper Unit file of *.tpu

Comments

• : This is proabably going to be a really easy question to asnwer but was just wondering if someone could give a quick describtion on how to make a working unit in the form of a *.pas file into a proper Unit file of *.tpu
    :

Just open up the PAS file in your compiler, and MAKE the unit. An example using Borland Pascal 7:

BP MyUnit.pas
    Hit F9
  • Yeah i tried that but still no joy... all it does it compile it as a Pas file... one other thing i have noticed how would i turn a working pas program into a stand alone exe also? .... i remeber being able to do this but cant seem to work that one out either... am i missing something maybe?
  • : Yeah i tried that but still no joy... all it does it compile it as a Pas file... one other thing i have noticed how would i turn a working pas program into a stand alone exe also? .... i remeber being able to do this but cant seem to work that one out either... am i missing something maybe?
    :

If you press Alt-O and then D (To select "Directories" from the "Options" menu) what does it say for the EXE & TPU directory? If it is blank the .TPU and .EXE files will be placed in the current directory. If a path is entered, they will be placed there instead. And it sounds like this is what is happening in your case.
  • You should make sure the destination is Disk and not Memory.
    Just check Compile menu ( I bet it's set to "Destination Memory").

Iby

• WOOOOT ... thanx a crap load guys... looks like that was what my problem was. After a bit of fiddling i managed to work out how to get it off of destination memory... also needed to allocate the source file. But my problem is fixed now... thanx again