Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Interative Fiction

Can anyone please tell me of a place that I can download a tutorial or buy a book on anything to do with programming text adventure games. I need the tutorials to be about C. (Not TADS or any other one like that).

Comments

• DariusDarius Posts: 1,666Member
    : Can anyone please tell me of a place that I can download a tutorial or buy a book on anything to do with programming text adventure games. I need the tutorials to be about C. (Not TADS or any other one like that).
    :

Just put "programming text adventure tutorial C" or something like that in a search engine and you'll find stuff.

But anyways, you can't figure out anyway of doing it yourself?

Just think of what you need and how you might go about doing it. It isn't all that complicated to make a single player text adventure game. The only part about a text adventure that's complicated is handling the potentially massive amounts of information, and even that's not all that difficult, and most RPG/Adventure games text or otherwise have that problem, plus the problem of graphics and/or networking. So start thinking up stuff, and post when you have a problem that you can't figure out.

"There's no such thing as Hell, but you can make it if you try".
    -Prove It, Bad Religion