intel proc - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

intel proc

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 8086 and the 80186 from intel??

i am trying to put together a system , but cant find anyone that sells 8086's, i can find plenty of 80186's though

from what i see the 80186 runs as fast as 8086, has same number of address lines

thanks

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : Can anyone tell me the difference between the 8086 and the 80186 from intel??
    :
    : i am trying to put together a system , but cant find anyone that sells 8086's, i can find plenty of 80186's though
    :
    : from what i see the 80186 runs as fast as 8086, has same number of address lines
    :
    : thanks
    :

Hi!

The '186 was never used in any PC. It's used as a microcontroller, in embedded applications.

You can probably still find some '386 or '486, though, since they are used in embedded apps too.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]