Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Game proposal...

Hello, guys!!!!

I am a Assembly programmer and I would like to start a game project. I was thinking on a strategy game like warcraft but using diamond tiles instead square tiles(like Ages of Empire). I will use Borland Turbo Assembly V5.0 due to compatibility problems and my extender in use is WDOSX(like ZSNES). I am using it because I don't have money to buy a LX compiler to use DOS4GW or DOS32A. I will use VESA graphics in 640x480 or 800x600 with 32-bit color(due to speed and quality purposes). I am not offering anyone anything but if it becomes a great game we could sell it... perhaps...

I wait anxiously the answer of anyone, be it via mail or via post messages.

Best Regards...

LordAsm

Comments

• Hey, "fellow LordAsm", I want to enter in your group, but i think we must make a INTERNET playable game! What do you think? When the project starts?

• :

: Hey, "fellow LordAsm", I want to enter in your group, but i think we must make a INTERNET playable game! What do you think? When the project starts?

CEK, it would probably help him if you stated what you know. Do you know assembly? How about basic game dynamics? Are you fluent in C/C++? You speak of making the game Internet-based; do you know how to program sockets and use the TPC/IP protocol?

"Game designer" doesn't and never will cut it. You have to contribute with programming before you can be thought of as a productive member.

And no, I'm not part of LordASM's crew, just some basic questions.

-Xotor-

• Quite right Xotor, there are already way to many

'flare' game projects. The ones that are launched

with a big blaze and poof, just get flared out of existence.

Also, i too think 'game designer gods' are a bunch

of clowns who just like the hype that surrounds this industry, but actually doing something, that remains to be seen.

Hey, CEK, hope you're not included on the above paragraph anyway....

So, for people who just want to ' flare it out ', here's an advice: game programming is about sitting down, think, and actually do stuff. Its all about focus people, not yuiipicaey mentality.

• Do not worry about CEK capabilities.

I know him very well as he knows me.

He knows very well C/C++ as yes, we know

TCP/IP programming. Not hard...

Again, I ask for people. We know that making a

game is a painful thing that takes a lot of time from

the ones who are involved in the project.

Thanks, Xotor, for sending these tips. It can be very useful,

not only for me, but for others that looks at your post message.

See you somewhere, sometime...

LordAsm

• : Do not worry about CEK capabilities.

: I know him very well as he knows me.

: He knows very well C/C++ as yes, we know

: TCP/IP programming. Not hard...

: Again, I ask for people. We know that making a

: game is a painful thing that takes a lot of time from

: the ones who are involved in the project.

: Thanks, Xotor, for sending these tips. It can be very useful,

: not only for me, but for others that looks at your post message.

That's good to hear. I hate it when some newbie programmer who doesn't even know how to program wants to create DOOM and wants other people to do the programming while he "designs" the game.

You can download the Wolf3D source code from _id_ and see how they did it.

-Xotor-

• Well Xotor, you would have to admit, that with the free sources floating around making a DOOM clone would be easy to do for a newbie too, as long as he/she knows how to use the 'SEARCH' button on his internet browser ;-)

The Watcher^TUHB