Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

free email

Hello. I wanna give free email on my site (u know, like yahoo, hotmail), but I cant seem to find any script for this. If you know a good script, please reply.

Comments

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    : Hello. I wanna give free email on my site (u know, like yahoo, hotmail), but I cant seem to find any script for this. If you know a good script, please reply.
    :

You mean give free email adresses ?
    Well, if you want to give free email adresses, you have to have your own domain and your host needs to give you e-mail alliases you can than assign to your users (bla@yourdomain.com, etcetera@yourdomain.com ...). Also, the server needs to support either email forwarding, or, if you want them to read the mail form the server, the server must have some sort of (POP/SMTP/whatever) mailbox.

If you mean just an anonymous mail (a form that EVERYBODY can use), then first find out what kind of server-side scripting your host provides, then I'll give you some examples :-)

• nonprogrammernonprogrammer Posts: 3Member
    I wanna offer to people what yahoo does (for example) http://mail.yahoo.com
    of course under my domain and under the server I use. Sorry if I wasnt very clear about what I want.

Yeah, I have a domain and the server I use have supports all the stuff you said.

So I guess all I need is a nice script written in php or perl to install it. The problem is that I searched all the net for such a script and I didnt find any. I discovered two actually, but they wasnt free. I told this story about at least 500 times, but no one helped.
    Since all the people here are programmers, I thought I might find some help since the thing I want to offer it will be for free.

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    : I wanna offer to people what yahoo does (for example) http://mail.yahoo.com
    : of course under my domain and under the server I use. Sorry if I wasnt very clear about what I want.
    :
    : Yeah, I have a domain and the server I use have supports all the stuff you said.
    :
    : So I guess all I need is a nice script written in php or perl to install it. The problem is that I searched all the net for such a script and I didnt find any. I discovered two actually, but they wasnt free. I told this story about at least 500 times, but no one helped.
    : Since all the people here are programmers, I thought I might find some help since the thing I want to offer it will be for free.
    :
    :

Sorry, User accounts and Login I know how, but the rest is just a liiiiiiitle bit out of my league :-( ... sorry
  • char0811char0811 Posts: 17Member
    [blue][b]Browse some Perl/CGI script sites, there are plenty of email programs out there. If you don't want it hosted on your servers try bigmailbox.com, outblaze.com or everyone.net[/b][/blue]