free email - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

free email

Hello. I wanna give free email on my site (u know, like yahoo, hotmail), but I cant seem to find any script for this. If you know a good script, please reply.

Comments

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    : Hello. I wanna give free email on my site (u know, like yahoo, hotmail), but I cant seem to find any script for this. If you know a good script, please reply.
    :

You mean give free email adresses ?
    Well, if you want to give free email adresses, you have to have your own domain and your host needs to give you e-mail alliases you can than assign to your users ([email protected], [email protected] ...). Also, the server needs to support either email forwarding, or, if you want them to read the mail form the server, the server must have some sort of (POP/SMTP/whatever) mailbox.

If you mean just an anonymous mail (a form that EVERYBODY can use), then first find out what kind of server-side scripting your host provides, then I'll give you some examples :-)

• nonprogrammernonprogrammer Posts: 3Member
    I wanna offer to people what yahoo does (for example) http://mail.yahoo.com
    of course under my domain and under the server I use. Sorry if I wasnt very clear about what I want.

Yeah, I have a domain and the server I use have supports all the stuff you said.

So I guess all I need is a nice script written in php or perl to install it. The problem is that I searched all the net for such a script and I didnt find any. I discovered two actually, but they wasnt free. I told this story about at least 500 times, but no one helped.
    Since all the people here are programmers, I thought I might find some help since the thing I want to offer it will be for free.

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    : I wanna offer to people what yahoo does (for example) http://mail.yahoo.com
    : of course under my domain and under the server I use. Sorry if I wasnt very clear about what I want.
    :
    : Yeah, I have a domain and the server I use have supports all the stuff you said.
    :
    : So I guess all I need is a nice script written in php or perl to install it. The problem is that I searched all the net for such a script and I didnt find any. I discovered two actually, but they wasnt free. I told this story about at least 500 times, but no one helped.
    : Since all the people here are programmers, I thought I might find some help since the thing I want to offer it will be for free.
    :
    :

Sorry, User accounts and Login I know how, but the rest is just a liiiiiiitle bit out of my league :-( ... sorry
  • char0811char0811 Posts: 17Member
    [blue][b]Browse some Perl/CGI script sites, there are plenty of email programs out there. If you don't want it hosted on your servers try bigmailbox.com, outblaze.com or everyone.net[/b][/blue]