Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Looking for a good 3D OOP language...any ideas?

athanathan Member Posts: 18
Hi,
I'm looking for a good OOP language to deal with 2D/3D graphics but apart from C++. I'm an expert in Java but it is not so good for graphics. I need something as simplified as possible. For example I was working with Darkbasic.Is not so bad (you do nice programs in little time, and time is something that I dont have! Rememebr I just need simple 3D graphics (lets say in the Darkbasic level)), but is not OO and thats a problem for me. So any ideas?

Athan

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : Hi,
    : I'm looking for a good OOP language to deal with 2D/3D graphics but apart from C++. I'm an expert in Java but it is not so good for graphics. I need something as simplified as possible. For example I was working with Darkbasic.Is not so bad (you do nice programs in little time, and time is something that I dont have! Rememebr I just need simple 3D graphics (lets say in the Darkbasic level)), but is not OO and thats a problem for me. So any ideas?
    :
    : Athan
    :
    Heck if you're looking for graphics on that kind of level I'd recomend QuickBasic. it's SUPER easy to understand and code, and in about thirty to forty minutes you could have an image loader/displayer written. I have even seen 3D meshes and such loaded using QB programs, and at decent framerates. Only problem with the Basics is that they are just that, "basic". If you ever decided to expand your project to say, an online version or something, you'd most-likely have to port it to a more powerful language.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• aaaaaa Member Posts: 5
    Blitz3D has some OOP characteristics, and is quite powerful. However it isn't OOP.

Quickbasic, as someone suggested, doesn't quite seem like a viable solution.
  • iDaZeiDaZe Member Posts: 464
    : Blitz3D has some OOP characteristics, and is quite powerful. However it isn't OOP.
    :
    : Quickbasic, as someone suggested, doesn't quite seem like a viable solution.
    :

Well, if you don't want c++, then how about Delphi ?