Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New game

I have been programming a game for the past couple of months and have just released the public beta. I would appreciate any comments, good or bad, you have on this.

URL:http://www.theking29.freeserve.co.uk

Comments

• : I have been programming a game for the past couple of months and have just released the public beta. I would appreciate any comments, good or bad, you have on this.

Graphics autodetector doesn't work. It doesn't seem to use normal VESA 2.0 graphics modes. Try using Allegro to set up your video modes.

You are using too many small files. Put them into a single DAT file and compress them. Using a lot of little files is not good practice.

The program said I didn't have enough memory and bombed me out. This is nearly impossible on my system seeing that I have 128 megs of SDRAM onboard and a 32-meg video card. Something is wrong with your program in memory or something.

Don't use Microsoft Word to create your documents in. Use a plaintext file. Some people, like me, don't have Microsoft Word or another Office Suite to open it up (I have one but it is not operational). A lot of people don't like opening the program up either because it takes up time and resources.

It could probably be a good game if I could even get it to run.

-Xotor-

• I just check out the screen-shots, and imo you should get rid of that gradient bar between the tactical screen and the object bar. It makes it look un-professional.

: I have been programming a game for the past couple of months and have just released the public beta. I would appreciate any comments, good or bad, you have on this.