Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

STILL ERRORS! WTHECK?!

EchoStatsEchoStats Member Posts: 19
Wow! I did not know this could be this frusterating!

i did the xconfigurator thing, and config-ed it, every setting is perfect, I am sure of it. But when I go to load it... I still get errors! Do you guys have any other ideas, or should I just re-install it, or do you even think that would do it? Is it something else?

Sorry, I would give you the error log, but I do not know how to get it to you; Considering I am in a black screen.

Thanks! you guys are awesome!

-=ryan=-

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Its hard to point you to any particular direction without the error message. Try writing it down ?? The error is generally printed on the screen for you to see. You will have to somehow type it in here.

• EchoStatsEchoStats Member Posts: 19
    : Its hard to point you to any particular direction without the error message. Try writing it down ?? The error is generally printed on the screen for you to see. You will have to somehow type it in here.
    :
    :

it is a beast of a message...

is there any way I can print it, so then I could scan it... or better, just get the file from the partition without being in Linux?

-=ryan=-
  • jeffpostjeffpost Member Posts: 316
    : Wow! I did not know this could be this frusterating!
    :
    You recently installed, correct? Why not just reinstall, since no data will be lost. The installation process gives you a chance to test your video card and monitor settings. *Don't skip this test!* Also enable the 'check for bad blocks' feature during partition format--this could save you a lot of grief later.

Alternately, if the system is autobooting into the gui (KDE or Gnome), press control-alt-backspace to kill the X11 server and get into a command line mode. The command 'dmesg |less' will allow you to look at the boot log.

Good luck.

• EchoStatsEchoStats Member Posts: 19
    Thanks man.

I will check it out, thanks for all the help, I sincerely appriciate it.

-=ryan=-