Problems running Pascal on FAT32 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problems running Pascal on FAT32

eamonn molloyeamonn molloy Posts: 1Member
Has anyone experienced problems running turbo pascal 7 programs on computers running windows 98, FAT32 with hard disk capacity greater than 8M.? GPF errors are being encountered after a normal shut down of windows. If the pc is reset so that scandisk runs then this overcomes the GPF errors. Can anyone help on this ?.

Comments

• Sand_Hawk9Sand_Hawk9 Posts: 233Member
    Try to run scandisk on you're disk. When I programmed Pascal on my old Pc(Amd k6-2 333 with 20 Gb HDD FAT32) I never encountered this problem. Tips:

- Never lay down a cell phone on you're pc. It messes with you're HDD(At least mine does)
    - Reguraly scnadisk/defrag you're disk
    - Down throw you're pc out of a window or through the room.

Sand Hawk
    Member of the Stupid Coders
    http://www.stupidcoders.cjb.net

- Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

• stevesteve Posts: 43Member
    Are you certain this is a BP7 induced problem?
    I ran a similar setup, early version of BP7 with w98, and later wdoze98SE, on >8GB partitions for a number of years. Does the problem occur even if you merely enter and exit BP7? Are you reading/writing large files? I doubt if I got anywhere near the individual file limit.
    Does it only occur for one IDE or one target? I mainly used the windows IDE, real mode or windows target.