NEED HELP ON USING - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

NEED HELP ON USING

theronkidtheronkid Posts: 1Member
Hi, i'm new to this board. I would like help for my program. I inserted code in a procedure that executes an external program, however, when I run the program, i get a DOS error #8, which is 'not enough memory'. It happens no matter what size the external program is. Please help!!! Thanks in advance,

Ron

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : Hi, i'm new to this board. I would like help for my program. I inserted code in a procedure that executes an external program, however, when I run the program, i get a DOS error #8, which is 'not enough memory'. It happens no matter what size the external program is. Please help!!! Thanks in advance,

If you are using a dos compiler, you'll have to play with the $M compiler directive. I havent had to use that in a long time, so I cant make anyy suggestions. (If you look at the help contents for SwapVectors it uses {$M 8192, 0, 0} though)

An alternative would be to try a Win32 compiler like FPC (www.freepascal.org) or VPascal (www.vpascal.com) which wouldnt require that.