Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Im back and almost ready to start game programming

Well after a long hiatus from this board i have returned to state that i have finished Sams teach yourself visual c++ in 21 days, and a skimmed through the special edition. Now all i need to know is, should i go and get Windows game programming for dummies or read a few other chapters. I have the book C++ Unleashed and it has chapters on: Object oriented programming, Implementation Issues, Manipulating Data, Object Persistance & Encryption... If i should read some of these chapters which one. If not i guess im going to dive into 2d sprites and direct x with windows gameprogramming for dummies

Comments

• The fundamentals are really what you need. Learning Visual C++ will help you understand the syntax and how to implement the DirectX library. If you want to do object oriented game programming go ahead and read up on it. OOP is useful to learn generally, not just for games.

-Xotor-

: Well after a long hiatus from this board i have returned to state that i have finished Sams teach yourself visual c++ in 21 days, and a skimmed through the special edition. Now all i need to know is, should i go and get Windows game programming for dummies or read a few other chapters. I have the book C++ Unleashed and it has chapters on: Object oriented programming, Implementation Issues, Manipulating Data, Object Persistance & Encryption... If i should read some of these chapters which one. If not i guess im going to dive into 2d sprites and direct x with windows gameprogramming for dummies