Loading a movie in existing moviclips - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Loading a movie in existing moviclips

Another one from me:

I've got a flash page in witch I included a movieclip and gave the instance the name Season Now in a frame I want to check for the date and when month==12 (December) I want the movieclip winter.swf to be loaded into the movieclip Season

I Tried this:

loadMovie ("winter.swf", "Season");
and I tried it withoud the " around Season, but it just wont work. How can I get this to work???

mac
*the Netherlands*

Comments

• miguelgarciamiguelgarcia Posts: 8Member
    I know that the response to this may be late and you may have learned how to make this work but I will respond assuming that you have not. When using loadMovie, make sure that the target movie clip is named completely. for instance, change your loadMovie statement to this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Season);

keep in mind, that this would be different if Season was embedded in another movie clip for example... "Continent"

loadMovie would now look something like this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Continent.Season);

does this make sense? If not, I am always willing to exchange information concerning Actionscript. Just e-mail me at [email protected] or at home at [email protected]

: Another one from me:
    :
    : I've got a flash page in witch I included a movieclip and gave the instance the name Season Now in a frame I want to check for the date and when month==12 (December) I want the movieclip winter.swf to be loaded into the movieclip Season
    :
    : I Tried this:
    :
    : loadMovie ("winter.swf", "Season");
    : and I tried it withoud the " around Season, but it just wont work. How can I get this to work???
    :
    : mac
    : *the Netherlands*
    :
    :

• miguelgarciamiguelgarcia Posts: 8Member
    I know that the response to this may be late and you may have learned how to make this work but I will respond assuming that you have not. When using loadMovie, make sure that the target movie clip is named completely. for instance, change your loadMovie statement to this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Season);

keep in mind, that this would be different if Season was embedded in another movie clip for example... "Continent"

loadMovie would now look something like this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Continent.Season);

does this make sense? If not, I am always willing to exchange information concerning Actionscript. Just e-mail me at [email protected] or at home at [email protected]

: Another one from me:
    :
    : I've got a flash page in witch I included a movieclip and gave the instance the name Season Now in a frame I want to check for the date and when month==12 (December) I want the movieclip winter.swf to be loaded into the movieclip Season
    :
    : I Tried this:
    :
    : loadMovie ("winter.swf", "Season");
    : and I tried it withoud the " around Season, but it just wont work. How can I get this to work???
    :
    : mac
    : *the Netherlands*
    :
    :