Loading a movie in existing moviclips - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Loading a movie in existing moviclips

Another one from me:

I've got a flash page in witch I included a movieclip and gave the instance the name Season Now in a frame I want to check for the date and when month==12 (December) I want the movieclip winter.swf to be loaded into the movieclip Season

I Tried this:

loadMovie ("winter.swf", "Season");
and I tried it withoud the " around Season, but it just wont work. How can I get this to work???

mac
*the Netherlands*

Comments

• miguelgarciamiguelgarcia Posts: 8Member
    I know that the response to this may be late and you may have learned how to make this work but I will respond assuming that you have not. When using loadMovie, make sure that the target movie clip is named completely. for instance, change your loadMovie statement to this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Season);

keep in mind, that this would be different if Season was embedded in another movie clip for example... "Continent"

loadMovie would now look something like this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Continent.Season);

does this make sense? If not, I am always willing to exchange information concerning Actionscript. Just e-mail me at [email protected] or at home at [email protected]

: Another one from me:
    :
    : I've got a flash page in witch I included a movieclip and gave the instance the name Season Now in a frame I want to check for the date and when month==12 (December) I want the movieclip winter.swf to be loaded into the movieclip Season
    :
    : I Tried this:
    :
    : loadMovie ("winter.swf", "Season");
    : and I tried it withoud the " around Season, but it just wont work. How can I get this to work???
    :
    : mac
    : *the Netherlands*
    :
    :

• miguelgarciamiguelgarcia Posts: 8Member
    I know that the response to this may be late and you may have learned how to make this work but I will respond assuming that you have not. When using loadMovie, make sure that the target movie clip is named completely. for instance, change your loadMovie statement to this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Season);

keep in mind, that this would be different if Season was embedded in another movie clip for example... "Continent"

loadMovie would now look something like this....

loadMovie("winter.swf", _level0.Continent.Season);

does this make sense? If not, I am always willing to exchange information concerning Actionscript. Just e-mail me at [email protected] or at home at [email protected]

: Another one from me:
    :
    : I've got a flash page in witch I included a movieclip and gave the instance the name Season Now in a frame I want to check for the date and when month==12 (December) I want the movieclip winter.swf to be loaded into the movieclip Season
    :
    : I Tried this:
    :
    : loadMovie ("winter.swf", "Season");
    : and I tried it withoud the " around Season, but it just wont work. How can I get this to work???
    :
    : mac
    : *the Netherlands*
    :
    :